Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2012
By: Ares_Is_Dead Fender Bender 3841 posts

Not sure if you guys remember me

6 replies 258 views Edited Apr 19, 2012

I believe I was on these forums under a different name (GhostOfSparta8 I think), although I did post under the PSU GOW forums with this name before we migrated over here.  It's been quite some time since I have posted here.  I remember quite a few of you---Kratos276, QCVic, w8ing4march, chickenmeister, etc.  I kinda missed you guys

Anyway, off topic, I am hear to talk about GOW Ascension.  I don't know guys, I gotta say that I am just not feeling it.  Not in the slightest.  I really feel like they are trying to milk Kratos until the teet runs dry and then they'll try to get the last drop.  When GOW III came out, Stig made it very clear that this was suppose to be the end of Kratos' story.  That was suppose to be the last GOW (aside from Ghost Of Sparta).  Now they are coming out with yet another prequel?  Only this prequel is before he called upon Ares kill the barbarian and give him the Blades Of Chaos.  So basically for the first part of the game, it is just going to be Kratos with a sword.  Not that badass in my opinion.  I don't know, I guess I will just have to reserve my excitement for when they reveal what the game is going to be like at E3.  I've been reading heavy speculation about some sort of multi-player or co-op in this game.  If you guys remember back when GOW III came out, every other post was about how some douchebag wanted online for replay value and our answer was the same everytime:  GOW DOESN'T FUCKING NEED ONLINE!.  If they put it in this game, I will not buy it, plan and simple.  Anyways, what do you guys think?  Are you excited for it?  Or are you like me and pretty much on the fence about it?

>
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: Not sure if you guys remember me

Apr 19, 2012

Hey trust on Santa Monica Studios. They have only made good games and also helped other games being developed. Also note that on the Amazon page it said that the the game was due to release on late 2013. So I think Santa Monica is really putting its efforts on this game .

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Apr 19, 2012

DeadKillersRevng wrote:

Hey trust on Santa Monica Studios. They have only made good games and also helped other games being developed. Also note that on the Amazon page it said that the the game was due to release on late 2013. So I think Santa Monica is really putting its efforts on this game .

I hope you're right man, I hope you're right.

>
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I'm an Aciton fan.  There is no love in me for MP, co-op and/or online.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Apr 19, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:

I'm an Aciton fan.  There is no love in me for MP, co-op and/or online.

GodModeGOD

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FPS and online and all that.  I have been playing the holy HELL out of Battlefield 3 lately, but games like GOW DON'T NEED ONLINE!  My God I can't stress that enough!  I really hope they don't put it in GOW Ascension.  I really do.

>
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I remember a GhostofSparta8...good to see u again! I've newly returned since hearing the whispers of a 4th installment as well. I was kinda pissed at first, thought it was a $ pandering bullshit decision but now I'm getting excited to see what's up. I think we are in for a long drawn out w8 unfortunately...but it's good to have company in the misery of it

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I'm always around.  For tactical discussions, values/percentile copypasta, links to videos, introduction of other vets, making new peers, etc.  You can count on me.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes