Jan 10 2011
By: an_outlaw_torn First Son 13 posts

More freezing problems

9 replies 285 views Edited Jan 10, 2011

Read several posts of people having the game lock up at different parts, and here is mine.

In the cavern, there is the dark area and at the end you run up the wall with the boots. Afterwards the next area has a pit with gears on either side, with scorpions. At the other end is a staircase with a giant door you have to open with R1. Once I get to the top of the stairs he game acts as if it is loading, and never ever loads. The disc is in perfect condition, I am playing on a 120GB slim. I am going to try and get another copy of the game, hopefully is a bad disc and not the machine. I suggest they put out a patch if so many people are having trouble with this.

Message 1 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Re: More freezing problems

Jan 10, 2011

my game froze on the same area as well on one of my playthroughs,the game data or save data might be corrupted,i suggest u delete the game data first and then try,if not delete all your saves then try again

Message 2 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 10, 2011

As a side note, I did try and go back to an earlier save point and play to that point again. It started locking up at an earlier point, just after the area where you make the water come up. Now, it won't even load the autosave from later (which I took off and put onto my psp.)

I will try to delete the game data now, see what happens.

Message 3 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 10, 2011

Did not work. I've also tried taking the saves off and trying them again after deleting save data. Also tried to go slow to allow the HDD to catch up. Also did not install the newest update. Tried several things, nothing is working.

Message 4 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jan 11, 2011

hmm...did u try switching profiles?

Message 5 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 14, 2011

I'm having the same issue with GoW3 & a brand new 160gb PS3 Slim.

The game locks up and freezes in multiple spots & eventually won't load at all. I called and talked to Sony's support and the support agent had me hold down the power button so that the system maintanence screen would come up. After selecting #3 it'll show that I have corrupt files on my machine. Once I clear the corruption with the utility GoW3 will run fine for about an hour but will then lock up again.

I'm actually on my 2nd PS3 and I'm not very impressed as a first time PS3 user (I've had the Xbox 360 since lauch & know all about hardware issues :smileytongue:). GoW3 is Sony's flagship so I'd expect more from such an impressive game. When I talked to support of course the agent said there wasn't an issue, however if you search the 'net for this particular subject, it shows up a multitude of times.

Very frustrating!!

By the way, I've been running other games just fine. These include Little Big Planet and GoW & GoW 2. I've also loaded Gran Tourismo 5 & it ran just fine. The only issue I've had was with Demon's Souls. The loading took forever initially and it locked up once early on in the firts cutscene.

Message 6 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 14, 2011

I'm trying this right now.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/8471?tstart=30

In addition I'm keeping the network disabled so the game doesn't try to install the forced GoW 3 update.

Message 7 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 16, 2011

Update ...

The info in the link didn't work. Also, last nite the consoler kept freezing on other games as well. So, I ended up taking it back today for a brand new setup.

Message 8 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 19, 2011

I ended up buying a new copy of the game. I loaded my save up, and it worked, until the VERY next part. Right before the Scorpion boss, it locked up as before. So I put my original copy of the game in and loaded the new Autosave (which now was after where it was locking up on my original copy) and it played fine from then on. I finshed the game, and now plan to never play it again.

I want to note it is probably sheer luck it worked. I still have no idea why it locked up, or any REAL way to fix it. I am very upset the game is so buggy, and no one involved with the game is doing anything to address the problem.

Message 9 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Same here.

Message 10 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes