Dec 22 2008
By: GSeussP First Son 32 posts

If Kratos dies in God of War 3.......

26 replies 64 views Edited Dec 22, 2008

(Spoilers for some movies and the ending of R2)

..... Let's have him go in honor with a death and ending only comparable to that of Maximus in Gladiator. The music is very important also, maybe Lisa Gerard or enya would do the ending music for GoW3 lol. Anyways If God of War 3 does'nt have a sad ending and an honorable one for Kratos I will be dissapointed. Basically go for the ending/deaths of Maximus in gladiator, Leonidas in 300, Kong in King Kong (the new movie), or just the ending in general of Last of the Mohicans where Uncas dies. Steer clear of death scenes like Hale's in R2, very dissapointing in my oppinion. As long as I get that "farewell old friend" emotion I'll be good. And did I mention the epic sad music?

Message 1 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Re: If Kratos dies in God of War 3.......

Dec 22, 2008

Great music is the most important factor to consider when Kratos dies.

I only played MGS4 so i didnt know who big boss was, but i felt sad when he died.

Message 2 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 22, 2008

That's what I'm looking for as well, people who haven't even played the previous God of Wars should feel sad when Kratos dies in GoW 3.

Message 3 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Dec 22, 2008
He did try to die in the beginning of the first game didn't he?
Message 4 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Dec 22, 2008
Technically it was the end of the game (after GOW1 events) but shown at the beginning n he tried to commit suicide cos he lost hope. (he had to watch his family die again, completed a huge quests for the gods and their promise of taking away his nightmares was broken)
Message 5 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Dec 22, 2008

GSeussP wrote:

That's what I'm looking for as well, people who haven't even played the previous God of Wars should feel sad when Kratos dies in GoW 3.

I completely agree. All I know is if he dies and they do the music just right I will be crying like a 4 yea old girl whose puppy just died. Here is thought to really start the tears. How about he dies in sparta and then they have that funeral tower burning like in that movie Troy and then they show a scene of him with his family and how happy they are now that they are together again cause isn't that the point of this quest, for him to see his family again. Smiley Sad 

Best quote ever from kav3_iN

"God of War is more of an experience than a game."
Message 6 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Dec 22, 2008
I completely agree. I want the feeling that Kratos has accomplished his goal, got what he deserved, and is now happy with finally being able to rest.
Message 7 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Dec 22, 2008

sevket wrote:
He did try to die in the beginning of the first game didn't he?

...but Athena wouldn't let him.

Let's face it, there will only be chaos, and Kratos will be at the helm of it. He won't be killed off, I mean who could possibly test him at this point? Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
653 posts

Dec 23, 2008

I cant see kratos completely dying, ever. lets not forget Ares threw a spiked rock that stabbed him in the heart and Zeus cut out the whole core of his body and he's still going around looking for revenge. so what would it take to kill him? some unbelievable force and if that happened i could only see him falling short of his goal (to stop his nightmares, or to see his family, or to kill zeus whichever 1 it is now)and would only add to the list of people he wants to kill

SIG: proud ps2 owner, and as of 12/24/08 proud 40 gb ps3 owner. im making my posts from it so bare with me

my psp 1001 died, cracked screen; R.I.P. 12/31/05 - 11/06/08. jus got a 3000 w/ warranty !
Message 9 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 23, 2008

As much as I wouldn't like to see it, Kratos has to die at the end.Especially if this is going to be the last installment. I can see him getting his revenge but what will be hit point of living with his vengeance completed and family dead. What would be the point of his existence???Also remember the sequence in Chain of Olympus when he found his daughter. I can see something like this happening but he decides to stay with them in the after life.

Message 10 of 27 (64 Views)
0 Likes