First Son
9 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Mar 29, 2010

same issues as you guys. keeps freezing after the hermes fight. during the cutscene. really getting annoyed. 80gb motorstorm version.

Message 81 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 29, 2010

Basically im having the same problem as this guy http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943928&topic=54047861 I have played for about 2 hours then gone to save and the game froze then have restarted and played another 1-2 hours and the game will not start up again. i've already exchanged the disc for a new copy didnt work, changed the hdmi resolution, deleted game saves. Is it this new patch? i dont think its my ps3 as all my other games work

not happy at all

rang up some sony guy went through all the usual bullshit like get a new copy format etc. then went to tell me  that my ps3 was the problem, i dont think so because how could i play other games its gotta be the game or patch. i mean all of our ps3s cant be broken can they?

Message 82 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 29, 2010

I have a PS3 slim 120GB... mine freezes on the room where the frozen Ares is. I am playing the Titan mode, it freezes when I try to load from the last checkpoint after I die (i know I am not that good...  ). Also, I had a savegame before, on the second floor of the same room but after the patch it doesn't even load. It freezes on the spinning omega symbol.

It's so depressing that this happened after the patch and the weekend I bought a nice HDTV for it in my room. Before the patch, there was no problem... I got to the point where Kratos is in the 1st person kill, there were no audio problems and no freezing.

I really hope there's a fix for this soon.

P.S.

I don't want to try any of the re-format suggestions because I don't want to lose my Demon's Souls savegame as that is locked, I can't back it up.

Message 83 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Mar 29, 2010

Have you tried waiting for the HDD to load the cache?

BTW this thread NEEDS to stay in first page!

Kimi Raikkonen sig
Message 84 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Mar 29, 2010

ive had it freeze 3 times in the area with around 10-15 hounds just after the first heaphestus cutscene, and when you turn the big wheel puzzle. It acually only happened when i used the apollos bow when charged and i set any on the dogs on fire then BAM. Freeze.

3 times in a row. same area.

ascensionp_21802nphd
Message 85 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2010

my god of war 3 just froze 3 times. I am stuck where the flame of olympus is and i think i am supposed to fight hercules soon. I am getting sooooo frustrated. This shouldn't be happening to such a high quality game. I just to continue my journey.

Message 86 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2010

I Have the EXACT same isue i hope somone is reading these and there will be a fix soon EXACT SAME to a T.

Message 87 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2010

the reply button does not give the first post so My isue is as soon as i get swollowed by Cronos the screen goes black i hear that i am alive i know i am suposed to be sliding down Cronos stumic but no screen i die i press X to re-load and screen is BLACK i DIE again i hear so i click down hit X and go to main screen no problem and re-set to last point and screen is black after a moment i DIE i know i am sliding down the throught and i am suposed to avoid the rocks before cutting his stumic but i die because i can not SEE the SCREEN is BLACK so i re-set to the point before i fight with Cronos and again get to the point where i get tossed in Cronos mouth and screen goes Black..... FIX PLEASE

Message 88 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2010

to describe my problems in more details...

I just beat the guitar hero part of the game, I would turn the "flame" of olympus thing, and the camera would go focus on the "chain". I was reading some walkthroughs to see what will happen, and realized that the camera was supposed to move up to where the 3 judges are and show that they are stopping the chain from going any further. well, the camera just gets stuck on the chain. doesn't move anywhere else.

the music still plays. I can still go to weapon menu or game menu, but nothing happens other than that.

I tried:

1) Let the HDD load.. nope

2) clean disc.. o wait, my disc is freaking clean its brand new

3) reset, nope. still gets stuck at the same place

4) reload cd, nope.

5) praying. nope.

Message 89 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 30, 2010

seriously has sony even made any type of statement concerning another patch or anything? i've tried everything except completely starting over. dont wanna do that incase it starts freezing at an earlier part.

Message 90 of 434 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes