03-20-2010 06:38 PM
My game freeze to. Right After Hades, when you jump off the pool and see the smith. The animation and sound freeze but the actual subtitles continues. I can go to the XMB, but that's about it. When I get out of the game, the system reboots itself. I tried loading from a another save file and still freeze at the same spot. Clean the disc still the same problem.
03-21-2010 08:30 AM
UPDATE ON MY PREVIOUS GLITCH AFTER POSEIDON PRINCESS:
1. I tried a system restore, after which my game would freeze just trying to LOAD THE SAVE FILE. At this point, I had no choice but to restart my game (Not happy)
2. Game Audio started to skip during the statue fight in Hades (Guys with the Mallets after you look across the Pit of Tartarus or whatever). This is EXACTLY where my audio started to skip during my first playthrough.
3. FIRST FREEZE OF RESTART: After I rotated the platform with the statues (Before you get the blade of olympus), I attempted to run through the doorway and the game froze (This was after I killed all the dogs and get the 2 Red Chests)
4. Re-Loaded Game: Decided to try to go through the walkway WITHOUT killing all the dogs/getting the red chests. Audio started skipping SEVERELY during the cutscene with the Blade of Olympus and I could not hear the dialogue.
5. SECOND FREEZE OF RESTART: After R1-grappling back to the platform with the save point (After the Blade of Olympus), I attemped to save the game. The screen darkened (Like what usually happens when you start to save), and then it froze up again.
At that point, I had to stop playing because I'm just too pissed off right now.
US Standard Edition, GoW III
80gb BC PS3, Fat
03-21-2010 08:43 AM
My brand new slim with upgraded 320gb hdd is having freezing issues with GOW3 & Heavy Rain...every other game I own is fine. I hope a patch is put out soon.
My last freeze was after cutting Gaias hand...got killed then the whole system froze on the "restart from checkpoint" screen.
03-21-2010 09:06 AM
I stopped playing as well. I did everything but can't make it pass the first cinema scene. I'm playing FF 13 now. GOW is staring at me. Hopefully, this week....someone will address this and say they are working on a patch...let's hope.
03-21-2010 09:11 AM
Well I somehow made it past all the chain section freezes to the next save point, about 12 freezes later.
Now I've found a new spot at the start of Hades Palace that has triggered about 7 freezes so far. Most of them while fighting the flying enemies down below or opening the pair of chests on the second floor. I also just got two while fighting the enemies on the second floor after jamming the wheel.
Here's a youtube video of this one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz71WW21Esg
03-21-2010 10:07 AM
I've suffered many issues with freezing, and the process that ultimately results in the freeze can happen well before suffering the problem.
What I've noticed is:
There will be some background audio-bit that will start endlessly looping.
If you find a save station, R1 will not work on it. R1 will however work on everything else including chests.
The hard disk light will be solid (high I/O).
Once the HD light is solid for an extended period, the game is toast.
If you catch the problem early, the XMB can be called and the game can be quit (PS3 will often reboot)
If the game freezes, no XMB, and 50/50 on the PS3 front power button working.
Stuff that helps.
Often going back to a previous save will allow one to pass on without issue but not always.
Changing the audio options to <stereo>, then quit and re-load GOW3 seems to lessen the number of freezes.
Wait a minute after loading a save (on the load screen) for the hard disk light to slow down, then enter the game.
03-21-2010 03:49 PM
Made it a few more steps to the room with the large Hades status/puzzle and now I've got 7 freezes so far trying to solve that puzzle
Another youtube video for this freeze.
03-21-2010 06:56 PM
Same problem here, and I have the 80gb MGS4 PS3. The game freezes and the music loops. The home button stops working, and the only thing I can do is power down the system. The game freeze in the labyrinth when I am escorting Pandora and it has the big battle with the two chests and the note on the ground . It freezes all the time in the same spot. The game is brand new and spotless.