Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Jun 30, 2012

tried everything , this is the only game that gives me trouble , it constantly keeps freezing , i cant go further once i finish the battle with poseidon game locks up , mine is a 120gb ps3 slim model , wish there could be a fix i tried from starting the game 3 times and cant go further than poseidon battle , also if i pause the game during a boss fight game locks up, i dont know what to do , defective game maybe? the disc is really clean , tried 2 differents gods of war 3 but the same problem what can i do?

Message 411 of 431 (3,822 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

JKP92 wrote:

I tried everything you suggested. Also, using a different poster's solution, I deleted everything that  had to do with GoW3 off of my HDD and deleted a bunch of data I didn't need or want, and I saved a save file on a USB stick. Then I copied the file back on to the HDD, didn't apply the patch update, and did the chase with Hermes again. I managed to make it past the catapult only to have the sound start looping after the statue is smashed. I can fight Hermes fine, but once I beat him, footsteps keep looping and Hermes' dialogue is cut off. I can do the QTE where you cut off his legs, subtitles like, "Go away!" and "Leave me alone!" appear, but Hermes isn't saying anything. Once I cut off the second leg and he falls to the ground, the audio loops again and the game freezes up.

That is EXACTLY the same problem I am having in the exact same area. I have tried cleaning the disc, but there really wasn't much dirt or smudges to clean. I tried the file restoring options, playing without patches, all that crap doesn't work. What the HELL, Sony? This is absolutely unacceptable. I see how long it's been and am assuming at this point that they just don't give a **bleep** anymore. 

Message 412 of 431 (3,813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Same here I'm having problems with this game, I just bought last month PS3 Slim 160GB CECH3xx12A model together with GoW Saga then play GoW 1 and 2 for a couple of weeks without having any problems then after finishing GoW 1 and 2 Try playing this awesome GoW 3 then I'm having problems with the cutscene having delay audio's sometimes looping voices over the cutscene but during gameplay never encounter problems, only with the cutscenes, I patched my GoW 3 also to the latest version which is 1.03, and never encounter audio loops on other games and laggy cutscenes on other games like FFXIII and FFXIII-2 I think this game is buggy, I also tried all the suggestion on this forum still never works I seemingly found out that when playing this game HDD never stops blinking I think this is one of the most reason why is this game is like this because the game is caching in the hard disk while reading the blu-ray disc.

Message 413 of 431 (3,325 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I bought this game with such enthusiasm, only to be disappointed. The massive game breaking glitch! Yes I am talking about the freeze issue.

Right after you kill that smith god, and move to Aphrodite's chamber and when you move towards the that exit that big door the game freezes.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? The lack of support from the devs at this issue is beyond me.

Message 414 of 431 (3,052 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: God of War 3 - cant play disk Issues

Jan 4, 2013

ok i bought the newset ps3 slim guess some people call it the ultra slim becasue my first generanion ps3 got the YLOD. I was trying to play GOD3 on the ultra slim and it did't load up so i was **bleep** just got this ps3 for 2 month only so i list to the disk while the disk try load it spend then stop can't read it, all my other game work find just the GOD3 i when and got another GOD3 game same issues. Is it becuase the ultra can't play GOD3 or what going on anyone one can help let me know?

Message 415 of 431 (2,874 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I have a problem with this game too. I already completed the game one over a year ago and back then there were no problems. However I recently tried to play it on my PS3 and I tried to do the challenges but the game would just load forever. Then I selected the "new game" option and everything is worse since the game takes a while to load and the audio constantly mutes for a few seconds and other times it would just loop every 1 second of audio and then overlap itself while the audio that supposed to come comes. The game also freezes randomly and that loading symbol just spins in the corner. Also there are many times where the audio will play but the video will freeze for a couple of minutes and then resume with no audio. I've tried two copies of the same game and I still get the problem. I also formatted my HDD, rebuilt my database, restored my system and reset my PS3 to default settings but it still doesn't work. I also exchanged my PS3 twice but the problem still exists. Not only that but I also sent my PS3 to Sony to get it checked and they tested both copies of the game I had and a copy of their own and they said they never experienced any of the problems I had when testing it. They said the played up to the Hades boss fight on each disc. By the way my first PS3 was a 120GB regular slim and the two exchanged ones were 160GB regular slims.
I've also replace HDD's.

Please help.
Message 416 of 431 (2,814 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Feb 9, 2013

I was having the same problem.

It was freezing over and over again after you pass Aphrodite the second time.

What I did was:

Deleted the Game Content. NOT the save. Just the data at GAME DATA UTILITY.

Then I disconnected the internet cable, so the PS3 would have no means to get online. Doing this I skipped the patch download.

Now, it works, I got past the point were I was stuck. I'm playing now, hope it won't freeze again.

That made me realize something....the problem is not the HD or the disc...IT'S THE PATCH 1.03.

DON'T download it, get offline to play.

Hopefully, you'll have no problem.

I really hope I've helped you solve your problems. I know how it feels not to be able to finish the game.

Best Regards

Message 417 of 431 (2,616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I have the same problem just bought game last night didn't work at all looked at it it had waves in disc so I took it back same thing only this time it let me up date still nothing took to my bros ps3 worked fine **bleep** is going on
Message 418 of 431 (2,443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 2, 2013

OK people I have tried everything I went through lots of TV'S, Disc"s, and consoles if the do not fix this in a patch I want money for the months trying to fix this I hope in this forum I find the answer. Now I have to format my console completely now I hope it works. 

Message 419 of 431 (1,993 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 2, 2013
some one plz help me i have been waiting months for something to work sorry sony this game software must have been done by a kindergardener for all i care i could make a better game in half the time it took you to make GOD OF WAR 3 and **bleep**this is the only game i have trouble with i play battlefield 3 with the best grapghic with no lag one bit as soon that you fix the freezing. it is the omega symbol in the bottom righthand corner and music is looping every 3 seconds flat and if it is not fixed in one month i will go to your office and show you my problem my self the painful way. go ahead report me but what i'm saying is true sony better fix this also im in canada send the patch there to USA is not the only country that has people on psn.
Message 420 of 431 (1,991 Views)
0 Likes