Nov 24 2009
By: GHOSTvOFvSPARTA Wastelander 730 posts

basic plot question...*spoilers?*

2 replies 14 views Edited Nov 24, 2009

I've played through GoW half a dozen times, but I've only played GoW II once and that was two years ago. Just want to get something straight about Zeus and the beginning of the game.

II starts with Kratos as the God of War destroying Rome, correct? Does Zeus betray him in the beginning (by taking his powers) because he's becoming a bloodthirsty god like Ares was? Just feels like I missed something for some reason.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Re: basic plot question...*spoilers?*

Nov 24, 2009

Kratos was going the 'Ares route' and then some.  The breaking point was the fear Zeus felt for the prophecy of a son destroying his father.  Athena was asked to take Kratos down, but refused (cared about him).  I trust you understand the rest with the BoO and Colossus.

~Athena is the only deity we could trust.  The rest are petty.  Titans are no different from OIympians.

NOTE: On the Titan side, they had Prometheus who could have been their Athena..though in Greek Myth he sided with the OIympians becauise he foresaw their victory

Message 2 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Re: basic plot question...*spoilers?*

Nov 26, 2009

just pointing out it was not Rome Kratos was attacking, it was Rhodes. and yes Zeus betrayed him from the start of GoW2. he tricked him into giving up his goddly powers to the BoO.

Message 3 of 3 (14 Views)
0 Likes