First Son
8 posts

Re: TYPHON'S BANE

Mar 29, 2007
Wow  didnt know  about the bow   ,I tried    ,How do  I  aim it  seeems  I   only get the arrows in his mouth  Thanks in advance
Message 11 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 29, 2007
Hold L2 and aim with the right analoge stick..... it should auto aim to his eye.  Just shoot him about 6 times or so.

House
Message 12 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 29, 2007
Ok  here's where im at  the right analog stick doesnt    move the arrow in any direction    the left does  but only side to side  i  need to get higher up  or be able ot aim up    I  hit every  button and knob  .  they  go  no where  nears his eyes  anyother recourse?  thanks
Message 13 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 29, 2007
Ok bro.... you have to go up on a pillar to jump onto him and get that "bane"  after you get the bane just stay on that pillar and face him and hold L1 and hit square like 6 or 8 times and it will shoot out his other eye.  After that you can go back down the big rock bridge that got you to his eye and kill all the undead soldiers and then progress across the grapple points to get out.  If that doesnt help you then I am stuck with you. 

Best of Luck
House
Message 14 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 29, 2007
LOL Man thats where im  having the initial  problem  getting on the pillar , You're talking about the 3 pillars  steps right??  Seems impossible  ,We've been trying for days  to get to the first one   hitting X X 10 feet  off ,but thanks  for your time
Message 15 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Ok man you are not in the right place...... I have done some replay on my game and I see what is wrong.  Ok when you first came into the cave there was a challenge of timing to manuever the walkway while he was trying to blow you off..... Then you made your way around to the left and back up to platform where you fight off some enemies then there is a shiny wall that you can break.... in fact you might have even broken it while you were fighting.  You can go up to that wall and press R1 and repeat "O" to pick it up and make a bridge to get up close to the Typhon's face.  While on that platform you can hit R1 and he will grapple onto his face and pull the Bane out of his right eye.  Then jump back to the platform.  From there you can turn back and look at him and shoot the Bane's arrows back at his left eye and blind it also.  Then you make your way back down the same bridge and you have to fight off like 8 or more undead enemies and there are also some off on far ledges that you have to shoot at a distance with the Bane to kill them.  After that is done the Challenge wall (the wall that appears till you kill all the enemies(it has a face on it)) will disappear and you can go "right" from there..... There are 3 grapple places and that will bring you to a save point and 2 chests then you can just make your way past the cave. 

I believe after doing it on my game that you went "left" back down to the area where he was trying to blow you off the path.  There is no need to travel back down there. From the area you lifted the rocks and made that bridge to his face/eyes you can go "right" through the 3 grapple points.

House

Message Edited by MisterHouse on 03-29-2007 09:50 PM
Message 16 of 23 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
432 posts

Apr 7, 2007
I posted on another Bane thread looking for answers to my question.  I found this thread and it helped alot!  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!  Letting me know to grapple while I was sliding on the chain on the return trip to access the chest was every answer I needed!  Thank you again!
"At least he didn't do that 'Walking Against the Wind s@#%! I hate that!
Message 17 of 23 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Apr 7, 2007
Fo shizzle

House
Message 18 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 17, 2007
Bump.  I too am stuck trying to jump onto the pillars...I always end up short.  Any info on this would be great.
Message 19 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15346 posts

Aug 17, 2007

clamdiggin wrote:
Bump.  I too am stuck trying to jump onto the pillars...I always end up short.  Any info on this would be great.

Explain what pillars are you referring to?
Message 20 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes