Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 27 2010
By: pixelbro First Son 1 posts

Is God of War II actually a good game?

5 replies 365 views Edited Jun 27, 2010
http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=73 this is a pretty worthwhile review of the game, i think. it sort of addresses the vast majority of the things about the series as a whole that have bothered me from its inception. i imagine the vast majority of you are probably wondering why i bothered to come here and post this topic if i'm not "really" a fan of the series - it's out of curiosity. i haven't really spoken to anyone who is a big fan of the series, and I want to know what you people think of this review and the points it addresses: similarly, i'm curious to see if anyone can actually successfully rebuke any of the prime criticisms of the game series, or of this game in particular. if you would like more elaboration on them, let me know and i'll be glad to sum it up. i'm posting it in god of war II as this is the game I have the most experience with and it is the subject of the review. i'm eager to hear your opinions. -p. bro
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Is God of War II actually a good game?

Nov 14, 2012
Yes, God Of War II Very good game.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Jan 26, 2013

It was the best game of the previous generation.  It's HD remake is better than many games that have released this gen.

I read the review...and I should be entitled to a refund of the five minutes I spent reading that petulant drivel.  He starts out by conceding that in 90% of the categories that matter when "reviewing" or "rating" a game, God Of War II registers superlative scores.  Then he goes on to say basically that he didn't like the fact that the game continued to be set in the universe of Greek mythology.  Sure, he uses different words, but when you strip away the meandering discourse, his gripe is that the story is a continuation.  That initial portion was almost embarassing for me to read...

There's no cohesion to anything he says.  His "duck roll" digression completely failed to tie itself coherently into anything having to do with God Of War, and then as if to acknowledge his failure to bridge the useless digression to his argument, he repeats the old, tired, dead horse bit about "God of War is one big long Quick Time Event," which  is simply incorrect.  I'll be honest, when someone has anything to say about GoW, positive or negative, if they play the QTE card, I lose interest and automatically begin to doubt that the person who said it even played the game through to completion.

This is just a fanboy nitpicking.  The only point he makes that I consider valid is that he doesn't like the story.  Personally, I loved the story of God of War II, so while he's entitled to his own opinion, I don't know what the ****  he was talking about.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Man for me, GoW2 had the BEST story line out of every GoW game released to date...I've played all GoW's, and I still love playing through GoW2 the most. So many surprises, so many characters from Greek Myth & so many Boss battles makes it the best.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jan 29, 2013

my personal favorite:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Jan 31, 2013

m0usju1c3 wrote:

Man for me, GoW2 had the BEST story line out of every GoW game released to date...I've played all GoW's, and I still love playing through GoW2 the most. So many surprises, so many characters from Greek Myth & so many Boss battles makes it the best.

Agreed.  On a whim I started a new game last night and played through until Kratos reached the Island of Fate.  Best game in the series hands down...and the thing is that it only gets better from there.  Can't wait to put the kids to bed tonight and go get me a piece of Theseus.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes