May 17 2011
By: Valtia2 First Son 2 posts

Help - stuck!

5 replies 265 views Edited May 17, 2011

I'm at the Palace of the Fates, and no matter how fast I run to the steam vent, I can't beat the gate. Is there some secret trick I'm missing?  GOW is my favorite game series.  Ive already solved 1 and 3, but now I'm getting so frustrated!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10752 posts

Re: Help - stuck!

May 17, 2011

If I remember this part correctly, you've had to freeze time first before making your escape. I've also dug up this strategy (if this is where you are) if further instruction is needed:

"Go through the hall and left to a large courtyard. Climb the ladder first and insert the crank into the post you find there. Turn the crank to stop the fire below, then use the Amulet of the Fates to freeze time and jump over the frozen flames. Head this way to a Save Point, then jump up onto the ledges until you reach a lever. Activate it and run back to the steam vent, then double-jump and glide through the open gate."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 17, 2011

Freezing time with the statue is the key, you need to climb the stairs to stay close enough to the statue though.

What an incredible trilogy has been, now that god of war IV
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5343 posts

May 17, 2011

You should perhaps refer to visual aid for such matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tKe2WrsHYs

This is the impression I get from you description.  If this isn't the right place, do tell.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 23, 2011

After about 400 tries, I finally got it.  (FYI - it had nothing to do with the time statue.  Unfortunately there's no way to get that far while time is still slowed).  That was ridiculously difficult and frustrating.  So glad to finally be through.  Thanks for the YouTube video.  It did actually help a little with the timing.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 5, 2012

test

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)
0 Likes