Aug 20 2010
By: Darkpegesis Splicer 52 posts

GOW 2 Titan (very hard) difficulty glitch

4 replies 1627 views Edited Aug 20, 2010

I am very new to the community and have only posted 2 replies prior to this (my first tread) post. I am an old time gamer and started with my first system, Pong for the home. Atari 2600 next and so on. I am now an exclusive Play-station owner and have been since PSX or PS1 became available for purchase. I own 2 PS2's and 1 PS3.

I did not played God of war 1 & 2 on the PS2 because I was into may other games at that time. However, when GOW 3 became available my friend could not say enough about how awesome this game was. So being intrigued I decided to look into it. When I did, I was told that GOW collection was out and it had the remastered 1 & 2 in HD. Being someone who hates to start anything in the middle, I was instantly sold on the PS3 disc that contained GOW 1 & 2. I fell in love with GOW 1 and still enjoy the feel of that game more than 2 & 3. Even though I have owned 3 for only 17 days now (because I wanted to finished 1 & 2 first before I owned 3. The wait was worth it as well cause I picked it up for a steal on sale for $31 new. sweet) game one still impressed me the most, but GOW 3 now sits collecting dust now (I started it and gave it a quick compare, making it just beyond the point where you get the bow that burns the bramble blocked paths) because I have run into this glitch (or so I think it maybe a glitch) in GOW 2. help me not give up these games for good.

The post or thread I found that seemed related to my possible glitch was explaining the differences of GOW 2's difficulties. An example would be: value of green orbs... In hard difficulty green orb value is lowered (50% lower than normal difficulty for instance). For very hard difficulty the value of green orbs is even lower... 25%. My issue that I have found is all about the red orbs value.

This same post gave information that the red orbs value has been lowered for the very hard difficulty. So you only get 75% of the value compared to the hard difficulty where you still get 100% of the value or those orbs. In other words in hard difficulty small red orbs have a value of 1 and equals 1 point of experienced gained. In Very hard difficulty 1 small red orb is supposed to equal 25% less than that of hard difficulty. If this is a true statement than I see my issue as being a glitch in the game I own. If this is not correct information and small red orbs have no value at all in very hard difficulty than I have no issue to explain here. the only answer I can think of would be to buy another copy and see if the same thing occurs and what a waist that would be to me if the same did occur.

I did not get past the battle with the Horse Keeper in very hard difficulty because I can not gain enough experience to power up my weapons enough. I have come close many time to defeating the horse keeper, but believe now that if the small red orbs value was at least 75% or there value I would not be having this kind of difficulty getting past the horse keeper. If the Value of these small red orbs are zero, nothing, noda, zip and that is just the way they programed the game, then I commend them for making Titan Mode the most extremely difficult game ever and have no issue or glitch that I care to address here. Is there help for me or do i just go on with life knowing my disc MAY have a glitch that make me want to give up and wait for the next killer game. 

FYI.... I have not experienced any freezing problems.  Also...

I have made every attempt I know of (that not to say there are some I do not know) to dismember enemies and accumulate something with that listed stat, but nothing ever shows up for that stat in any of the saves I have (all 10 save units in my game are used up). This is not a critical stat that would help me unlock anything but it gives me the impression that this is another glitch that no one knows about.

I am desperate to save my love for GOW 2 cause it took a lot of work to build up that love. I found that GOW 1 did not take any work to love, but GOW 2 has tested me beyond any game ever has, and make no mistake this platform game is the only one I am willing to let that happen. Platform games to me are old news to me and rare gems like this are very few now days.

Message 1 of 5 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Re: GOW 2 Titan (very hard) difficulty glitch

Aug 23, 2010

I may have discovered one reason that caused my possible glitch.? I decided to replay my GOW 2 PS3 collection disc on a different user profile. Thus beginning a fresh start to unlock titan difficulty once again. I ignored getting the URN of GAIA or any of the 4 urns within the game to see if not acquiring them would make a difference. That did change things some.

Now that I have completed this, During the titan difficulty game play now I have noticed that the small red orbs do accumulate more often. However there are still some chests with 15 small red orbs that do not add to my total experience, but so far overall I do believe that even thought you can not use the URN of GAIA during your initial attempt to complete the game in titan difficulty, the URN of GAIA (if acquired) affects experience gained. Perhaps in the opposite fashion the way the UNR of GAIA works when you activate it during bonus play. In other words, it limits gaining experience in addition to your 25% cut back of playing titan mode.

Message 2 of 5 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Aug 23, 2010

Urns cannot be used in NP.  In BP, the 'Gaia' case is 10X whatever EXP orb worth % applies for you (after figuring costume and difficulty).

If you need help with Theseus Titan NP, ask away.  You should describe your current settings (upgrades/extensions), tactics, etc.  It's already noted you are on Titan and it's unlikely you'll have more than one upgrade *though possible with exploits*.  Odds are good you'll waste the upgrade on the Blades early on.

I can give quite alot of advice on any of these titles.  Moving on from that, lets hear what you've been up to thus far:

S1P1 - (staff) ...

S1P2 - (staff + spikes) ...

S2P1 - (bolts and spikes) ... 

S2P2 - (repeat) ...

Minotaur Waves - (Erebus Minotaurs with 90HP rather than 60HP and heavy MP drops rather than HP) ... 

~What's your experience with all the titles thus far?  For instance, what is the highest difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard) you've cleared for each?  Which challenges have you cleared?  You've noted yourself as rather new.

Message 3 of 5 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Aug 26, 2010

Yes Yes, I thought that I gave enough information in this thread to make anyone who read it that I do understand that the URN's can not be used in Normal Play. I started fresh in GOW 2 (this means during my initial attempt completing GOW 2 and playing the bonus play it seemed possible that just attaining any URN may cause more disadvantages for Normal Play of the very hard difficulty) and decided to not obtain any 'URNs with this new fresh start. I assumed this because no one I contacted at SONY could help me and being that I was very determined to get information I was left to my own trouble shooting ideas. This as I have stated was just a guess and not based on other information I learned.

My experience thus far....

GOW 1 completed in normal, hard & also the challenge of the gods is done. Very hard is now saved at the final battle with Ares and finding a way past the clones of Kratos part of this final battle was the only thing that I have not figured out. My attempts to figure out the right tactics have given me some ideas on how I may achieve this. However, since it is the only element left to unlock anything in GOW 1, I decided to save or preserve that last bit for later (I love GOW 1 so much that I would play over and over again) and went onward in completing GOW 2.

GOW 2 completed in normal, hard & also challenge of the titans is done. Very hard is now saved 4 times over (one save is the fresh start without obtaining URN's) at the save point prior to Horse keeper battle. Each of these 4 saves have various totals of gain experience. My best or highest total experience of those 4 save point was approximately 5500. So attaining that 2nd upgrade for the Blades was about 800 experience points short. I did not realize until a few days ago that you do not gain the same amount of experience as you would in Hard difficulty and could only assume before this that it was a programing glitch. Now, I did find only one of the threads in this mass of posts so far giving information regarding a difference in gaining experience. If this information given, that you get only 75% of the total experience in normal play of titan difficulty than that 2nd upgrade would easily be obtained. So, far my observations have given me the impression that you may get 40% of the experience compared to hard difficulty. This is all I know so far in just my own observation. I still do not understand why this information about gaining experience is not more readily available?

GOW 3... I started it in hard difficulty just to see and compare it with 1 & 2. FYISmiley Frustratedtill enjoy GOW 1 the best out of the 3. Made it past the point where you gain the bow and use it to clear bramble block paths. My disappointment of not finding information on GOW 2 was enough for me too not want to continue playing GOW 3. It took a lot of time & effort for me to start loving GOW 2, but now the love for it is there. Sony instructed me to go to this community and find the information here. Can you help me understand the facts about how experience is really gained In GOW 2?

The Horse Keeper battle is not unclear to me. Getting to that coward should not be as painful as it is within titan difficulty. You should also get that staff as one of your sub weapons as well. I am only new to the community not new to GOW now. Please note that my issue is with the GOW 2 and do not any of this information to be directed at those who wish to help.

Message 4 of 5 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Aug 26, 2010

(Urn) All very amusing.

(GoW1) Clones won't pose an issue long if you have the right upgrades.  A new player can generally figure this out on their own with an hour or so of observing the mechanics of the fight.  Usually.  If you need aid, ask.

Your plans for Ares2 would be?

(GoWII) The guides tell you.  People like myself could tell you the percentiles (among other things).  The games don't do much to instruct about the percentiles or much of any thing.  Ever heard of alt.Orion's Harpoon?  Collisions?  How they work?  How RotT works?  I-frames?  Cancels?

As for EXP, you can get much more if you exploit orb fountain v3.  lvl3 TB for instance.  More useful than lvl2 Blades.  lvl3 is nice if you wish to focus on the Blades, but isn't advised until you face Zeus (if at all upgrading them).

The experience worth on Very Hard by default is at 75%.  That only applies to orbs.  Bonus EXP (+ X for Y) isn't altered across settings.

TUGOWU has scans of the GoWII guide for information like this.  I've never gotten around to doing that for CoO or the GoW1 guide.  Nevermind GoWIII.  Just posting the info suffices.

(GoWIII) Meh.  It's alright.

(Challenges) CotG and CotT cleared.  What of the Challenge of Olympus?  CoE *DLC*?

(Sony) They would say as much.  Aside from me, basically no one around here would help you.  Though I'm more commonly seen elsewhere under other names.

NOTE: CoO didn't give the percentiles for difficulties in the guide.  I've had to test for them, but didn't finish my HP orb worth testing as I recall.  So many boring tests left...

(Theseus) He becomes quite easy with time.  There are many runs above the 'Very Hard' NP experience for a given GoW.  You should look into those if you wish to master the game.

Message 5 of 5 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes