Highlighted
May 18 2010
By: Evillseed First Son 3 posts

Challenge of the Titans #7 Perfection is Divine Strategy-Hands Down Best Way

8 replies 1205 views Edited May 18, 2010

I was stuck on 7 after having mostly 4/6 Titan rank getting there (2 only God lol). This thing had me stuck for like 3 hours and I read all the strategies I could but nothing was working for me. Then I got creative and enabled EASY MODE!

Here's what you do:

1. Ignore the skeletons and start a big old Plume of Prometheus combo that you want only the LAST shot to land on the minotaur.

2. After hitting him with the combo, immediately start dropping Chronos' Rage (to hurt the minnie, but mainly so the skels die before they can mess you up.

3. Hit Rage of the Gods and then the important part

4. Run BEHIND the Golem/Rock Minotaur/whatever you want to call him. While back there, continue dropping CR until you're out (the Priests will come out and you can hit them with your CR from behind the big guy so you get more mana). At the same time, keep whacking him with your weapon (you can switch to whatever you like once you're behind him or even before that if you want to). Once the big guy's dead, it's easy mode.

The only attack that hit me while I was behind him was the 360 spin that he sometimes does. The first time I tried this method, he killed me with it. The 2nd (and final) time, he didn't and I completed the challenge in probably under a minute. Hope this helps some who were stuck or people just getting there who prefer not to be angry at their PS3's lol.

Message 1 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Re: Challenge of the Titans #7 Perfection is Divine Strategy-Hands Down Best Way

May 18, 2010

"Best"?  Doubtful.  That's 'high talk'.  I'll perhaps properly review this later.

Message 2 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Challenge of the Titans #7 Perfection is Divine Strategy-Hands Down Best Way

May 18, 2010

Feel free to review it. I really don't care if you call it the 'best' as I did, but feel free to let the people know what you think. 

If you do it right, you'll end up with the skeletons, 1st priest, and minotaur dead before your RotG runs out and some magic in the bank. 

I did try the strategies of leaving one skel alive and shooting the minotaur and also tried killing all the enemies before waking him up, but neither of those were working for me. 

Because of the title of the thread, if you do have a way that you think is better after trying it this way, please help readers and post which strat you like the best.

Message 3 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

May 19, 2010

(Review) In time.  I didn't find myself liking the CotT very much.  I preferred the CotG.  CoH, CoO and CoE were mostly meh themselves.

I'll have to use old copypasta as a starting point to recall it sufficiently.

(Care) Not my problem.

(Best) Again, that's a strong choice of words.  One has to mind oneself so as not to make light of it and other similiarly 'heavy' terms.

(The people) HA! HA!

(Right) >implying

(Other tactics) I'll concern myself more with recollecting/considering others later.  My current concern is a nap.  Then proceeding with my Chaos Claws PAIN+.  I still owe Shinobier's GoW1 God PAIN a proper critique.  Then there's the NextGenTactics GoWIII walkthrough.  I'm a busy boy.  CotT7 isn't something I consider particularly notable.

(Working for you) Noted.

(Title) You should have been more mindful perhaps.

(After Trying) This implies quite a lot.

(Help) I have been at this for a long time, friend.  And this low tier bit of old hat isn't so deserving.  But if you so wish, your wish will be granted in due time.

(Like) I don't particulary like much to do with CotT.  They bore me terribly so.  Not as much as testing for values perhaps, but that isn't saying much.

EDIT

NOTE: I don't intend to cease my current run to put in the GoW Collection lightly.  If I feel the need, I'll do as much to directly freshen up from my time away from this fight.

Let's start by properly considering the tactic proposed.  Intro talk aside of course.

I'll be asking questions to be clear about your approach.

1) You ignore Cursed Remains and target the Titan Minotuar.  You mention a "big old" Plume of Prometheus.  Do you mean t0 (Plume) or t3 (Spirit)?  I presume the latter and you just didn't know what to call it thus the 'description' used.  Care to clarify?  At any rate, you intend to use just the ender.  But is that just a one-shot starter?  I imagine you're using the lvl5 AB.  I'll hold off on talking about alternative weapon choices per given tactics in favor of just going with what you use.

2) CR whoring for i-frames and damage.  Presumably lvl3 used.

3) RotT activated...for what I wonder.

4) You've found yourself apparently having killed the Cursed Remains that circled the TM, you're still CR whoring (RotT for what?) and now Priests and Beast Lords approach.

Then you just note off ease of which you finished, without giving tactics.

~I'm not even feeling all that energized to continue anymore.  I don't feel you know what you're talking about well enough for me to go all out with a proper review of this or some of the other approaches.  Your success with what you noted of your own winning run is noted.  If you wish to elaborate, feel free.  If you insist, I can play along and continue the process.  Otherwise, I'm getting back to my rounds before picking up with the run denoted earlier

Message 4 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10991 posts

Jun 19, 2010

With the spamming of CR during RotT, did it ever occur to you to press/hold L1?  If you are spamming CR, you should have a hit counter between 600 and 700.  Releasing Prometheus' Inferno (press/Hold L1 during RotT) with that kind of hit counter is enough to destroy everything left, including the minotaur.  Be mindful of where nearby enemies are when you get ready to release it.  If they are attacking, they will hit you and end your attempt.

Message 5 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 2, 2010

OK. First, I posted this strategy in an attempt to be helpful

Second, your assumptions about details I left out of my description are correct. The final shot of the long combo (spirit) is what I hit the minotaur with, because that particular shot does a lot of damage right off the bat. 

I used RotT in order to do more damage more quickly. Maybe it's not necessary, and I am not a master of game mechanics-there could be a better way.

The biggest piece of my method is that by running behind the minotaur, he only has one attack that can hurt you, and he doesn't necessarily use that one (the spinning attack in all directions). I had not seen it written anywhere else that it is possible to run behind him and be safe from the great majority of the minotaur's attacks.

The reason I didn't go into tactics for finishing the fight after the minotaur is down is that it is so very simple. Here it is: after the minotaur is down, use the circle button to grab opponents until they are dead. If a priest starts to summon, interrupt him because a cyclops in play will be a problem. Otherwise, be careful and take your time killing the remaining enemies using grapples.

I'm not 'insisting' you do anything at all. If you would like to try it, feel free. If you don't want to, fine with me. 

You may also consider changing the way you talk to people. It appears you think you're talking to a child who cares what you think and might feel chastised after reading your posts. I am not, and do not.

Message 6 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Aug 2, 2010

(Seem) I can see that.  However, I merely attack the choice of terminology used.  "Best" that is.  "Hands Down Best Way" as the title would suggest.  I don't take such things lightly.

(Spirit) I imagined so.  Knowing the values of that attack, it would be the only reasonable suggestion.  Particularly with lvl3+ allowing "t2" usage to bridge the gap between "t1" and "t3" (Spirit).

(RotT) It won't deal extra damage for basic attacks on any MAX'd sub-weapon or Blades attacks it effects.  I can explain how it works in GoWII if you like.  GoWIII makes it a weapon.  GoW1 doubles Artemis and some Blades attacks while making rage specific Blades attacks.  GoWII has the 'specific' attacks thing going for it, but it also has an alternative offense approach that's important to note.

NOTE: I can grant damage values too if you like.

(Rear) Even at his flank, he will use that when at point blank.  If you want Titan Minotaur tactics/tips, this too can be arranged.  As I recall, the TM type in the Arena is TM2 (500HP).  It should be the same for the Challenges, but I've not tested it directly.  Said battles are all on normal so collisions will only deal 10 damage.  Are you aware of collisions and how they work?  In GoWIII, they lose prominence, but in GoW1 and GoWII, they're major players on higher settings.  Of course, CoO has none and I don't honestly expect them in GoS.

(Insisting) Then I'll continue my run.  Hercules with just the Claws on a PAIN+ shouldn't pose any threat.  Just passing time until I find myself suffering some minor frustrations later on really.  I don't know that I'll learn much more in this run than I did in the MAX'd version since I tested so thoroughly in it.  Just less power behind my attacks now.

(Changing) I'd never dream of it.

~All the same, the ball is back in your court

Message 7 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Wow!

I'm a programmer and I don't have the slightest inkling to even begin to think of how to play the game every single way to know what you rattled off

This guy is trying to give people advice who are having trouble playing the game. It doesn't sound to me that you should have a condescending tone with anybody, especially over a video game.

As for the gentlemen who started this thread, thank you for your thoughts to help someone. Although I tried your method it did not work (i get the 360 attack every time). It was cool because i never realized that you could slip behind the minotaur.

If anybody would to continue this conversation, look me up on the facebook(/vinsick). I have a job to go to in the morning.

V

Message 8 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Aug 2, 2010

(Mechanics) I know them better than most.  That much is true.  Still have much to test in GoWIII, but with the others I can speak at length on the matter.  I'm not some aweful casaul speaking out of turn afterall.

Is that to say just this particular title is unworthy of a hardcore fanbase concerning the gameplay (which is what matters in a game afterall)?

(Then) You're doing it wrong, but let's press on.

(Programmer) >implying you are to be believed

>implying it makes you an authority on anything that's being discussed

>implying that profession would give you the slightest bit of insight into the discussion of a vet (even if involved with GoW itself)

You still have much to learn.  But I could teach you (at length).  That is, ofcourse, if you would have me.  How 'bout it?  Shall we commence?  PM me if you so wish.

>doesn't understand the things I'm speaking of

That's a simple matter to explain.  You know very little about this game.  That can be corrected in time, you know.  It isn't so hard.  Give it a try why don't you?  You're free to use can responses.  I'm happy no matter how you reply, but then...you should know as much already.

(Trying) That he was.  Admirable.  Though the wording was what I had to first combat you see.  I believe I've explained as much already.  If not, do notify me.  My next move was to assess what he had to offer and offer up a bit myself.  If things moved smoothly, I would be giving out some tactics/tips of my own at length. 

Also, >implying that is all that motivated the topic

Are you sure you understand the things you're talking about?

(TC) You're thanking him for inferior tactics stated as 'the best?

(Tactics) If you want help, just ask.  I'm always looking to apply my learnings.  And rightfully so.  Wouldn't it be terribly selfish if I were to keep them to myself?  I'm such a saint. *HA! HA!*

(Titan Minotaur) You weren't aware of this?  I suppose you haven't spent much time with them yet.  Don't quite have the Arena of the Fates if I had to guess.  If (by some chance) you do, it's certainly be neglected.

(Look up) Just link if you care about such things.

(Facebook) HAHAHA

~I hope you enjoy this response as much as I have taken please in making it

Message 9 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes