Apr 11 2010
By: H2E3N4D0p First Son 20 posts

Zeus mountain

17 replies 483 views Edited Apr 11, 2010

Question, I defeated all the archers, and the harpees just keep coming. The magic gate still didnt open. i fought harpees for 7 mins after defeating the archers, I finally just gave up and rolled into a roller. Whats up with that? Didn't have that problem in Spartan mode. Is the game not beatable in god mode, would be nice to know that before I bought it.

getting very aggitated, suggestions?

H2

h3ndroid@gmail.com

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 1 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Re: Zeus mountain

Apr 11, 2010

There are 55 Harpies.  There are approximately 12 Cursed Archers in 6 positions.  You aren't killing enough Harpies to clear.  You're too used to lower settings.

Tell me your extensions and upgrades.  Denote your tactics.

I don't need to email you for suggestions.  This topic will due.

~Granting tactics is easy enough for this battle

Message 2 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 12, 2010

I've beaten it in spartan mode, catching a fit in god mode, it's not fun anymore too many harpies

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 3 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 12, 2010

blades maxed out, and hades army works well

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 4 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Apr 12, 2010

Not much in terms of tactics talk.

Achers first:

-Go from platform to platform and grab (360 toss or rip)

-Then deal with Harpies

To elaborate, you know the fire traps will kill you if you stay on those spots too long.  Just don't stay too long.  Camera abuse is when you get a foe off-screen to prevent or stop their attack. 

You can do this from the back or the front.  This strategy is more geared towards killing Archers so you can leave this area and fight them on the first/longest conveyor belt (or between the first two).

So when all the Archer are dealt with, you should head to the first belt.  Roll whoring tames the Harpies as well as evades any bombing that somehow occurs.  Keep towards the rightside crusher so you have plenty of room away from the side that it tries to take you to.  You could use a variety of ways to damage them, but I suggest you stick to merely using the ground grab. 

So you'll be using quick rolling *if you need to learn this, this is a good time to practice* on the first conveyor belt towards the right and grabbing at nearby Harpies (55).

An alternative to quick rolling along the first is to work the middle of the two conveyors at the start.  One will take you to the right and the other to the left.  Either way, the middle runs into a platform to prevent crushing of Kratos.  You can learn to use these to move quickly either way.  Just be careful about rolling with the conveyor's direction (into a crusher).  You would be using the same tactics here.  Just moving around in such a way as to quickly reach a given Harpy *if you don't constantly roll or learn the AI trick (this I can teach too) with Artemis* then grab it is just fine.  Though 's,t' to OH is great too.

Harpies first:

-You'll be wanting the back Archers gone for this so again grab antics

-Deal with Harpies

-Grab the remaining Archers

I should be able to find a video example for you if need be, but the idea is to go to the back, grab kill the Archers (360 toss towards the harpies) and use Plume/Spirit/Valor as needed to beat Harpies to death until they stop spawning while moving on and off the platform/conveyor.  You work towards the desired ender before turning to attack the Harpies.  This one is more for higher level players perhaps.  It could take practice to learn the feel for moving on/off the platform to control Harpies.

~It may be better for you to go with Archers first (even if that means going apeshit with spells/RotG at some point...though it shouldn't be necessary) as denoted.  Whichever tactics you chose to try first, I need you to thoroughly note what you are doing.  What works, what isn't, etc.  I can't go off of short responses unless you can record it and show me what you're doing.

Message 5 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 13, 2010

thanks, sorry for the short answer. i get  pretty short when I'm frustrated. I have been trying the rightside crusher roll methods, to attack harpie with c-blades. eventually one bombs me and knocks me into the roller. LOL LOST OF LIFE.  Tried bolt action from in between the first two platforms while riding conveyor from L to R to take out archers first, get a few harpies in the process cause they get in the way of the bolts..  Ill try your suggestion it sounds pretty good and in line with what i'm trying to accomplish. THANKS!

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 6 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 13, 2010

BTW, platforms are know prob kinda got the timing down. just when herpies inflame all around you kinda hard to see your targets

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 7 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Apr 13, 2010

(Short Answer/Frustration) Noted.

Archer first attempt:

When you say this, you mean that you've killed all the Archers without losing (much) HP, MP or Rage and you then move the fight to the first/largest conveyor before keeping somewhere between the middle of it and the far right side (by the right crusher), correct?  It shouldn't take long before you get a feel for the safety zones here.

Are you using Quick Rolling (roll, attack, roll, repeat to cancel buffers for either *rapid evade succession*)?

Are you trying the grab suggestion I gave?

The idea was to have no Archers, quick roll towards harpies while keeping them from boming then grabbing one...and repeating the process in relative safety.

(Between variant) I didn't suggest Zf here, but this is noted.  What level did you have anway?  It's not meant for such a vast amount of Harpies spread so thin *respawns for quantity rather than all accounted for*.

It's better to get familiar with moving along either conveyor while keeping clear of crushers and mastering the art of simply grab whoring or using 's,t' to OH (Orion's Harpoon).

(Platforms) Good.  It's important that you don't have issues with getting hit by the fire...mostly since it instant kills even thorugh i-frames.

(Bombing) You'll have to get used to this as I once did.

~You should keep to one of the methods for awhile and keep reporting back in detail about what you do, where things are working, where they go wrong, etc.  It really is important that I have a clear picture to work with.

Message 8 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
20 posts

Apr 13, 2010

I FREAKIN DID IT!! CHECKIT, MAXOUT C-BLADES = UNLIMITED MAGIC WHEN USEING RAGE OF THE GODS. WHILE RAGEING USE BOLT ACTION TO DISPATCH AS MANY ARCHERS AS YOU CAN STARTING WITH  THE FARTHEST ARCHERS THEY  RESPAWN 3 TIMES EA. KILL AT LEAST ONE. IT WILL BE EASIER TO FIGHT ONE THEN DEALING WITH TWO,  TAKE CARE OF THE NEXT FARTHEST, LEFT REAR PLATFORM AND RIGHT REAR PLATFORM. DOESNT MATTER WHICH OF THESE TWO YOU DO FIRST JUST DISPATCH THEM BOTH. REASON IS BECAUSE THEY CAN REACH YOU WITH ENERGY ARROWS WHILE YOU'RE DEALING WITH THE HERPIES (LOL)  ALSO, MAKE SURE THE CLOSE ARCHERS LEFT AND RIGHT PLATFORMS  ARE DISPATCHED THEY DONT RESPAWN.  NOW IT'S TIME TO DEAL WITH THE HARPIES. STAY TO THE LEFT SIDE BUT MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET TOO CLOSE TO THE CRUSER, CONSTANTANLY ROLL RIGHT STAYING AS CLOSE TO THE MAGIC GATE AS YOU CAN.  USE SPIRIT OF  SPIRIT OR HERCULES IN THIS AREA.  YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY MUCH  ABOUT ARCHERS. *NOTE* MAKE SURE YOU TAKE OUT REAR LEFT AND REAR RIGHT PLATFORM ARCHERS AND AT LEAST ONE ARCHER AT THE GATE.

HAIL KRATOS

Hail Kratos, **** Ares!
Message 9 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Saves me the trouble of explaining conservative/efficient tactics meant for runs like the NUR+ I suppose.

So let's see what we've got:

-lvl5 BoC for "Athena's Blessing" during RotG

-Zf (lvl?) with some variation of the bolt (which one?)

-Archers first then back to the first conveyor

-Spirit whoring?  This is fine too.

~Whatever works

NOTE: If you need EXP for some reason, Ares1 is your last best chance to MAX everything out if you care at this point

Message 10 of 18 (483 Views)
0 Likes