May 09 2005
By: kotobooki~ First Son 1 posts

TRAPS OF MADNESS!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

10 replies 4839 views Edited May 9, 2005
I know this may be a stupid question for all who have passed...but I am having a VERY difficult time trying to get passed the room that you have a limited number of time to get the box to an area to jump up before spikes come out of the ground.  is this important?  and i just blow passed it or do i have to get on the upper ledge?  and if i have to get up there.....HOW DO YOU DO IT!?!?
Message 1 of 11 (4,839 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Re: TRAPS OF MADNESS!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

May 9, 2005
You have to get past this room - at the top is the Necklace of Aphrodite.

The key to this room is to KICK the box not push it. If you push it you'll never make it.

Pull the box out of the gated room so that you have just enough room to push it and then kick it at full strength (R1+X and don't release until Kratos stops grunting - then release X).

Kick #1 - to the corridor
Kick #2 - to the end of the turn
Kick #3 - to the bottom of the ledge

Keep in mind, you don't need to kick the box to the very end - just enough so that you can climb on top and double jump to the ledge.

You'll make it just in time!
Message 2 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2060 posts

May 9, 2005
I don't think I kicked all that much, but you do need to just get close enough to make the jump and grab on to the edge.
redking
Message 3 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

May 9, 2005

I managed to complete this area by pulling the box the entire way... I never kicked it even once.

My trick was the minimize the distance and cut all the corners.  I pulled the box from the closet, dragged it diagonally to the hallway, and then kept the box against the wall closet to the ledge as I dragged it up the hallway.  When I started approaching the final room I pushed slightly towards the wall so that as soon as the box cleared the wall it would start sliding towards the ledge.  Once the box was under the ledge just enough to provide me with something to grab on to I jumped up and onto the box and pulled myself up.  The box was destroyed by the time I got on to my feet.

Message 4 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

May 9, 2005
Bow to The Wolffe ,
Photobucket
Message 5 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 10, 2005
Yes, you do have to do this in order to find something you need in the upper level.  I pulled it until it was lined up around the corner and gave it one good kick.  I think kicking it too many times makes it harder 'cause if you don't kick it exactly where you want it you're scrambling to get it back on track.,

Message 6 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 10, 2005
That is impressive.  If you didn't tell me that I would have never believed it.  I rented the game and just sent it back, I may have to buy it just so I can try what you just said!,
Message 7 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Aug 14, 2011

How mach time do I have to finish the room before the arrow released?

Message 8 of 11 (4,839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2015
You have 27 seconds until the arrows come through the ground
Message 9 of 11 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 15, 2015

Hey.. I am stuck too!! I only have 14 secs to move the rock but I think you had 28secs, have I missed something before??

Message 10 of 11 (1,195 Views)
0 Likes