Dec 13 2006
By: Krauser1230~ Monster Hunter 38 posts

HELP WITH KRATOS CLONES

5 replies 233 views Edited Dec 13, 2006
i need help severely with defeating the kratos clones in god mode!!!!

Message Edited by Krauser1230 on 12-13-2006 02:30 PM
Message 1 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4267 posts

Re: HELP WITH KRATOS CLONES

Dec 13, 2006
here's my strategy...

Intro:

First off, a few pointers. 1. One thing that you absolutely don't want is to have a clone climb on you and have you do the 'shake-the-analog-stick' thing. It's hard to avoid this though. Just don't let any clones get to close without hitting them. 2. Don't let your family's health get too low, or stay low for too long. It might seem safe, but eventually, you get distracted by a clone or something, and next thing you know they're dead. I've failed many times by pushing my luck this way. 3. Your better off knocking the clones off the platform rather than trying to kill them the 'traditional way'. Knocking them off is basically an instant kill, and if you can knock a few clones off at once, it can be very effective. Hades Revenge (the square move) is good at knocking them off, as well as the square, hold square move. 4. Make sure you start the battle with full (or close to it) health and magic. If not, redo the last battle.

Blades of Chaos moves:

when the battle first starts, do a R1 move to the guy who comes out of the left wall farthest from you, then follow that up with another R1 to hit the guy who came out of the wall on the right side. If you linked those two R1 moves, you can finish off that combo with a square move to knock the other guys back. This will basically get the clones to come after you, and not your family.

after that, there's basically only two combos that you want to use. Square square triangle. and square, hold square.

what you want to do is get all the clones in one group. Then do a square square triangle combo to knock them all down. (i prefer to stand off to the left side while the combo hits near your family). Then while they are getting up prepare to do another square square triangle combo. Another option instead of square square triangle, is using square, hold square. You have to time it so that it hits them as soon as they get up, otherwise it is ineffective if they are still on the ground. This should send them flying off the platform.

and always be on guard watching for attacks that you can block, and then parry with a square move.

Rage of the Gods and magic:

You first goal will be to hold off the clones with only your blades of chaos until after the building flies apart. The longer you can hold them off, the better.

Once your family's health is 'considerably low' (below 25% let's say), use your Rage of the Gods. You can try doing AoH, PR, PR, and AoH just before RotG wears off; but i sometimes found that the first AoH didn't wear off until after RotG was done. So instead i used PR, PR, PR, AoH, which is just as good. Just make sure to do AoH last. While AoH is going on, hug your family. This should fill your RotG meter about half way. Just make sure not to hug while RotG is active, otherwise, it won't fill your meter.

After you're done hugging and your family's health is full, go back to doing Blade of Chaos moves. Again, hold them off as long as you can, until your family's health is low again.

When their health is low, use Army of Hades and hug them. This should fill your RotG meter.

Then go back to BoC combos and hold 'em off as long as you can. Then once your family's health is low, use RotG. PR, PR, PR, AoH. Hug.

Then just repeat that whole process again. I figure it's possible to use RotG three times throughout the whole battle. Though you may not need to.

Final Stages:

Once the clones with the Blade of Artimis start appearing, then you know that the end isn't very far. Don't let your family's health get as low as before, because the BoA seems to do more damage.

Near the end, they'll start to respawn slower, so you can try killing them by grabbing them with O for an instant kill. But if there's a lot of them, this isn't such a great idea.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Meister Gear Solid
Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Dec 16, 2006
I found this strategy to work well for me so...

The best weapons for this fight are the wrath of Posiedon (works best at level 3), and the blade of artimis (using the the L1 + square combo).  When the fight strats just start going to town with the blade, when you start to get overwhelmed use posiedon's attack to clear the area and hug your family to replenish their health if it necessary.  Just keep repeating this cycle until they are all defeated.  There is one final attacker that is floating on a rock and throwing thunder bolts at your family, just thrown your thunder bolts at this attacker until it is defeated.  Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 22, 2006

chickenmeister wrote:
here's my strategy...

Intro:

First off, a few pointers. 1. One thing that you absolutely don't want is to have a clone climb on you and have you do the 'shake-the-analog-stick' thing. It's hard to avoid this though. Just don't let any clones get to close without hitting them. 2. Don't let your family's health get too low, or stay low for too long. It might seem safe, but eventually, you get distracted by a clone or something, and next thing you know they're dead. I've failed many times by pushing my luck this way. 3. Your better off knocking the clones off the platform rather than trying to kill them the 'traditional way'. Knocking them off is basically an instant kill, and if you can knock a few clones off at once, it can be very effective. Hades Revenge (the square move) is good at knocking them off, as well as the square, hold square move. 4. Make sure you start the battle with full (or close to it) health and magic. If not, redo the last battle.

Blades of Chaos moves:

when the battle first starts, do a R1 move to the guy who comes out of the left wall farthest from you, then follow that up with another R1 to hit the guy who came out of the wall on the right side. If you linked those two R1 moves, you can finish off that combo with a square move to knock the other guys back. This will basically get the clones to come after you, and not your family.

after that, there's basically only two combos that you want to use. Square square triangle. and square, hold square.

what you want to do is get all the clones in one group. Then do a square square triangle combo to knock them all down. (i prefer to stand off to the left side while the combo hits near your family). Then while they are getting up prepare to do another square square triangle combo. Another option instead of square square triangle, is using square, hold square. You have to time it so that it hits them as soon as they get up, otherwise it is ineffective if they are still on the ground. This should send them flying off the platform.

and always be on guard watching for attacks that you can block, and then parry with a square move.

Rage of the Gods and magic:

You first goal will be to hold off the clones with only your blades of chaos until after the building flies apart. The longer you can hold them off, the better.

Once your family's health is 'considerably low' (below 25% let's say), use your Rage of the Gods. You can try doing AoH, PR, PR, and AoH just before RotG wears off; but i sometimes found that the first AoH didn't wear off until after RotG was done. So instead i used PR, PR, PR, AoH, which is just as good. Just make sure to do AoH last. While AoH is going on, hug your family. This should fill your RotG meter about half way. Just make sure not to hug while RotG is active, otherwise, it won't fill your meter.

After you're done hugging and your family's health is full, go back to doing Blade of Chaos moves. Again, hold them off as long as you can, until your family's health is low again.

When their health is low, use Army of Hades and hug them. This should fill your RotG meter.

Then go back to BoC combo's and hold'em off as long as you can. Then once your family's health is low, use RotG. PR, PR, PR AoH. Hug.

Then just repeat that whole process again. I figure it's possible to use RotG three times throughout the whole battle. Though you may not need to.

Final Stages:

Once the clones with the Blade of Artimis start appearing, then you know that the end isn't very far. Don't let your family's health get as low as before, because the BoA seems to do more damage.

Near the end, they'll start to respawn slower, so you can try killing them by grabbing them with O for an instant kill. But if there's a lot of them, this isn't such a great idea.

GOOD LUCK!!!

You can, and should get an AOH and 4 PR's out of a full ROTG. I do.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My favorite feature of GOW2, they listened to the people.
Message 4 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 23, 2006
i also need lots of help with clones so annoying
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Your soul will never find peace for what you have become Kratos".
"I AM WHAT THE GODS HAVE MADE ME".
Message 5 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Dec 23, 2006
There is nothing more in here to help than what has already been stated. Use search and type in "Clone fight" or something, and you will get plenty of threads that will help you.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My favorite feature of GOW2, they listened to the people.
Message 6 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes