^WUT?

Please elaborate/clarify.

Message 12 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

i wRe: Challenge of the Gods..help please

Dec 2, 2009

I had MAJOR trouble on challenge 8.....I was being turned to stone  left and right. FORGET about jumping!!!! if you are turned to stone while in the air your done mo matter what, it least if your on the ground when it happens at leaste you have some time to shake out of it. Now I have the GOW Collection book and it really helped me. but other then that was was always rolling   and then fighting the soldiers and then what it came time for those damn gorgons...it was hit and roll hit and roll. if i was lucky enough i could jump and charge the blades up.

Message 13 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Re: Challenge of the Gods..help please

Dec 2, 2009

I actually like #8...I think it was #5 that had me close to tears (you have to hit the baddies but NOT the spartans with a catapult) I passed that challenge on the first try on the CE bc now I know EXACTLY when to release the catapult...but I really really hated it at the time 

Photobucket
Message 14 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 12, 2009

#8 was fun and hard. took me a few times. when it starts i used Rage of the gods to kill as many as possible. Dont worry about getting hit because you will get life as you kill them. When the medusa's starts just roll around and lets them freeze the soliders and roll up and just hit them 1 and break them. when you finally kill off all the solider and left with the medusa's, just roll around until their gaze runs out and do the double jump and L1+O and hopefully you will knock some over the edge. Try to position yourself away from them (near the side) once their gaze runs out. Dont worry when you are in the air they will come to you and when you hit, some of them will go over. Just rinse and repeat. If you are worried about needing rage of the gods for challenge #10 just try to finish off as many as you can when the "O" appears over anyones head. that is the fastest way to rebuild your gauge again. Sometimes you can refill it, and if not if you are close you will get it in challenge #9.

Takes a bit to get used to but i did it pretty easy.

Message 15 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
828 posts

Dec 12, 2009

i cant even tell u how much i hate challenge 8 lol

Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

FFRe: Challenge of the Gods..help please

Dec 13, 2009

^Feel free to give it a try.

~Perhaps we can work on getting you to go pro about it...so there's no reason to 'hate' it

Message 17 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 29, 2009

Fleece? god of war 1? You're just talking about normal parry right?

ya L1+ O(air) really worked wonders for me cos not only does it do HUGE damage but it also knocks a lotta enemies off the platform. And as an added bonus, if you're still in your normal skin tone you can pull off this move even if a medusa's trying to stone you yes i have tried this just a few hours back and let me say again, you should not even be a tiny bit grey, if you are, you'l be frozen in mid air and crumble on impact.

keep mixing up valor of hercules, and the /\ + /\+ [] move and the above mentioned one. /\/\[] cos it whacks enemies clear off the platform

Message 18 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Dec 29, 2009

Brightstreak: (Fleece) HA! HA!  I expect that's what she meant.

(LotF) It's not really THAT strong.  The charge doesn't appear to add power at all either.  Just increases the range of the blast and adds a knockback effect...which is VERY helpful.   Instant kills are better than any damage amount by default.  So if you have a nice, ranged, 360 knockback by some hazard such as a cliff...and foes that can be sent over it...you've been handed obvious tactics to exploit.

(Petrification) LotF lacks i-frames and cannot resist it more than any other, similiar case.  Your reassurance about turning to stone isn't a good one.  Perhaps you could have tossed in a note like, 'release early to evade certain death' or 'RotG to save yourself'.

(Valor) It does okay if you can land it.  t,t,s ends with "s6" (t1, t2, s6) which IS Valor.  There's no and to your suggestion as presented.

NOTE: If you're just suggesting techniques for sending foes over the side, bravo.  You get the point.  Why?  SImple really.  The Gorgon Assassins of this challenge are more numerous than ever and they're a special variety (Super) with 2x HP.  Even with lvl6 BoC essentially (that's what AB boils down to)...one who's not experienced with dealing with petrification, can be killed rather abruptly.

Message 19 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes