Nov 05 2009
By: u1timatp0w3r Splicer 72 posts

Challenge of the Gods..help please

18 replies 44 views Edited Nov 5, 2009

On challenge #8, you are tasked with killing all the enemies. Since I was able to beat the previous challenge(killing all enemies WITHOUT being hit..not even once)in one try, i thought this would be easy. wrong. For the entire time, I do one or two light attacks, and then roll, one or two light attacks, roll, again, and again, and again. this works realy well, for i am barely getting hit at all, and im getting health orbs every so often, so my health is always almost completely full. Finally, when the undead soldiers stop dropping from the sky, and just the medusas remain, it gets hard. I keep doing the same routine of doing light attack and then rolling, but every once and a while theyll get me, slowly hacking away at my health, until i die. and do they EVER stop reappearing?NO. not from what i can see.

so my question is, how long do i have to continue fighting these f^&king medusas until the challenge ends? better yet does anyone have any tips?? im just about ready to smash my controller with a hammer..so help would be nice.thanks

Message 1 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Re: Challenge of the Gods..help please

Nov 5, 2009
this challange was soo frustrating for me...I had to redo it 7-8 times (kept dying from getting frozen mid air and crumbling upon landing) the challenge lasted like 11-15 minutes but the Medusas eventually quit replenishing! It's the hardest challange IMO

ok, run around the soldiers when the Medusas are trying to freeze you, let the beam hit them instead..then do the L1+triangle move (Kratos jumps into the air then slams down, Athena's blades stick into the ground) this will crumble the frozen soldiers and knock the Medusas down for a second. Just do that over and over again (being careful not to jump up when in a Medusa beam) Good luck! Woman Wink

Photobucket
Message 2 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Nov 6, 2009
ok, ill try that. thnks.
Message 3 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Nov 14, 2009

u1timatp0w3r wrote:
ok, ill try that. thnks.

ok so I replayed it (getting through 1-7 again btw) Woman Mad and I realized that I didn't give you the right move series!!! sorry...ok so here are my revised instructions!

Run around letting the soldiers get hit with Gorgon beams, then use  XX (double jump)+L1+O...holding X+L1+O (the blades should stick in the ground) effectively breaking the frozen soldiers and knocking those effen biotches down!!! It still took 12 minutes for them to stop replinishing!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHH *punching throw pillow on couch*

So sorry about the memory slip up...it's been awhile since GOW1 ya know...but ty bc I had a blast remembering what first turned me on to this awesome game!

Photobucket
Message 4 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Nov 15, 2009

lol, thanks for the help.after the soldiers stop appearing, how do you manage to fend off the medusas? its so annoying because i do really well when medusas AND soldiers are there, but as soon as its just the medusas i get owned. life expectancy of my controller is decreasing pretty quick right now.

Message 5 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Nov 15, 2009

don't kill your controller...ok I paid better attention this last time to what moves I was doing...ROLL ROLL ROLL...and when rolling you can tap X (jump) to roll faster, when doing the X+L1+O tap the O to really charge the blades, triangle+triangle+triangle helps once the soldiers are gone...if you can get in front of a medusa and hold triangle she and you will fly into air, you then immediately push O and you will flop that bitch down on the ground 3 times repeatedly killing her (the best part is that while you are thwappin her to death the other medusas beams will not freeze you in air)...and one last thing...don't forget the fleece...if you're good at the timing you can really save your health! Go forth man...kick serious a**

Photobucket
Message 6 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Nov 16, 2009

TC: Have you beaten this challenge yet?  If not, I can help.  It's basically what I do..being a vet of the series who likes to excercise what I know by helping other players ascend the various challenges.

~There is much I can teach you

NOTE: These are not Medusas.  These are Super Gorgon Assassins (there proper title).  Gorgon Assassins are blue.  The 'Super' manifests in that they have 2x the HP of a regular Assassin.  Regular Gorgon stare isn't all that efffective.  These are quite deadly.  Many tools are available to you in deal with this challenge.  I could even (in time) teach you to beat it with just the Blade of Artemis if you stick with me.  For now though, Athena's Blades serve as essentially a lvl6 BoC (not lvl5 which is the MAX for said weapon) in terms of damage values...rediculously overpowered...but what you want is to rid yourself of the various Gorgons in ways that don't care about their high HP...ring out.  GoW1 doesn't afford you the option to use reflect their stare at them or even have them petrify each other....but it can be used against their allies if guided *pro tricks I won't be advising you try so soon*.

Message 7 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Nov 27, 2009

thanx w8ing4march, you saved my life. although,,,now i could really use some help on the final challenge(killing enemies to get to top platform).

godmodegod, yes ive beaten this one(finally), but im open to suggestions on the tenth challenge.

thanx

Message 8 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 28, 2009

...this one got me too.  Poor me didn't realize you had to start from the beginning and took a break after 3-4 attempts.  Will take another crack at it tomorrow.  My best run was down to two gorgans...been a long time since thoughts of controller destruction came to mind, but damn....loads of fun though.

Message 9 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Nov 28, 2009

CotG10 tactics/tips

(Hades Revenge) Valor whoring via parries. *L1 then square*

NOTE: R1,R1,s is another path.  RotG is optional.  In that case, us R1,R1.

(Grabs) Whore them against Offspring.  Either for collisions (against each other *and Satyrs, but I don't advise that*) or pure ringout.

NOTE: Each grab kill of the Offspring grants HP orbs.

NOTE2: Grabs have i-frames.  They also reset attacks (forcing foes to wait before attacking again).

(Blades) Basically L1+X whoring.  *target Satyrs is probably best here*  Apollo's Ascension for the launch then Apollo's Offensive for ringout.  'Offensive' has an ender that can bounce a Satyr.  After a successfuil launch/bounce, you have sufficient time to FULLY charge L1+O (Lance of the Furies) which will gain knockback if you do so.  Typically Satyrs will ignore this attack but just after being downed, they are vulnerable to it.

NOTE: Beware the glitches of this set-up.  The best you can really do is avoid the sides if you aren't grab whoring  Speaking of which, you can use a grab to 'calm things down' *just don't screw with a Satyr like this*

NOTE2: Satyr air grabs do 0 damage.

NOTE3: Satyrs have aerial recovery.  In this case, it can be turned against them (ring-out).

(Artemis) Elevated Knockbacks.  Launch (with pursue) to knockback.  That is to say Ascension (L1+t) to Dissension (*air* triangle).  Catching the foe airborne with Dissension (air t1) is the key.  Though landing it on grounded foes can get the same results.  The techique suggested is "Spike".

NOTE: When you get foes offscreen, their guard drops and attacks tend to cancel. 

NOTE2: The 'summon" of Artemis has i-frames.  Rapidly summoning Artemis over and over tends to fool AI.  One way is to mash L1+R1 over and over.

~Those are what I readily recall

Message 10 of 19 (44 Views)
0 Likes