Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 10 2010
By: Devilhunter_PS I Only Post Everything 1336 posts

perithous in ghost of sparta

5 replies 17 views Edited May 10, 2010

perithous is one of the characters in the gow series that we dont know a lot about.unlike other  heroes that are introdused in the games withought a lot of back story explained because they are easily recognised from greek mythology,perithous is not as famous for his achievements.

after some research we learn more things about him like that he was a friend of theseus,(another)son of zeus and we also learn how he was sentenced to his eternal torture(he desired to  mary persephone so he tried to steal her from the underworld with the help of theseus.they were both imprisoned by hades but later hercules managed to free theseus)but there is nothing about the bow of apollo.this could mean that perithous is a character that will appear in ghost of sparta,just like atlas was in chains of olympus.

looking back to the story of god of war we see that persephone died in chains of olympus,which  is before every other gow game.ghost of sparta takes place between gow 1 and 2 but from what we know its also going to have some back story  in the years before kratos joined ares.so perithous could be either a character that kratos knew before the death of persephone,maybe kratos was even involvde in the attempt to steall her,or perithous  is shown as an antagonist in the timeline between gow 1 and 2.maybe  he took advanage of a situation and managed to steall apolos bow and then later in the game,tried to take revenge against kratos for killing the woman he wanted for his own.so kratos beats him and hades finally imprisons him for what he did.

so what do you think?could perithous be  in the new gow game?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Re: perithous in ghost of sparta

May 10, 2010

maybe. if any character from GoW 3 appears in GoS it most likely will be him

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5488 posts

May 11, 2010

What...did you just suggest?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

May 24, 2010

,GodModeGOD wrote:

What...did you just suggest?

He suggested that perithous back story on how he got the bow of apollo should be stated in GoS.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

May 25, 2010

I'd like for that to be explained, definitely. I'd like to know more about his apparent affair with Persephone, & learn how he gained the Bow of the Apollo in the first place. It may not happen, but it would be nice for a game that explains exactly why Athena is so compassionate about Kratos.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5488 posts

May 25, 2010

I'm only interested in the bow bit.  I'm quite aware of his history with Theseus and Persephone.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (17 Views)
0 Likes