May 04 2010
By: JVBGFR Treasure Hunter 5866 posts

Blades of Chaos? WTF

24 replies 213 views Edited May 4, 2010

Storyline

So serving as a prequel, this new journey picks up after God of War concludes, telling the story of Kratos’ ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must face his dark past to prove his worthiness to the Gods — a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about Kratos’ tattoo, scar, and family. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, he will once again have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.

That makes absolutely no sense. Kratos lost the Blades of Chaos to Ares in the final fight of God of War. I hope this is just a typo on their part.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/04/god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-announced-for-psp/ 

It's in the grey box.

Message 1 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Re: Blades of Chaos? WTF

May 4, 2010

JVBGFR wrote:

Storyline

So serving as a prequel, this new journey picks up after God of War concludes, telling the story of Kratos’ ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must face his dark past to prove his worthiness to the Gods — a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about Kratos’ tattoo, scar, and family. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, he will once again have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.

That makes absolutely no sense. Kratos lost the Blades of Chaos to Ares in the final fight of God of War. I hope this is just a typo on their part.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/04/god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-announced-for-psp/ 

It's in the grey box.

It probably is. A lot of magazines still said the blades of chaos for God of War III before the new blades name were officially announced. Even LittleBigPlanet had God of War 2 Kratos Sackboy with the Blades of Chaos

Photobucket
Message 2 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

May 4, 2010

well probably its wrong,but still the blades in  the pictures look like the blades of chaos.who knows...

Message 3 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 4, 2010

if this takes place after god of war 1 and before god of war 2, then wouldn't the blades of chaos still be there? i thought he didn't get the blades of athena until god of war 2 started.

Message 4 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

May 4, 2010

Or, like in all of the previous games we will deal with flashbacks. this game could take place in any time period, and we get thrown into flashbacks in wich we battle through his past with diffrent weapons. Such as a Spartan sword and sheild?

Message 5 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

May 4, 2010

Kratos received Athena's Blades at the end of GoW I. I'm looking forward to this game.

Message 6 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3623 posts

May 5, 2010

If you look carefully at the blade on his back in the cyclops screen shot its definately the blades of Athena, you can tell by the handle. They probably thought blades of chaos would be more appealing than blades of Athena to people who dont know the game.

Message 7 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

May 5, 2010

eastern414 wrote:

if this takes place after god of war 1 and before god of war 2, then wouldn't the blades of chaos still be there? i thought he didn't get the blades of athena until god of war 2 started.

near the end of GOW1, Kratos lost his blades of chaos. After GOW1, Athena gave him the Blades of Athena

Message 8 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

May 5, 2010

boo_shoe2000 wrote:

eastern414 wrote:

near the end of GOW1, Kratos lost his blades of chaos. After GOW1, Athena gave him the Blades of Athena

Not quite. Right at the end of GoW, you get the BoA. After beating Ares and Athena saving Kratos from his death off the cliff, the portal opens to Mt. Olympus where Kratos has to take his throne as the new God of War. You acquire the BoA to be able to smash the statues of Ares and the Minotaur to get the secret phone number easter egg.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

May 6, 2010

QCVic wrote:

JVBGFR wrote:

Storyline

It's in the grey box.

It probably is. A lot of magazines still said the blades of chaos for God of War III before the new blades name were officially announced. Even LittleBigPlanet had God of War 2 Kratos Sackboy with the Blades of Chaos

That may be true, but it makes no sense. At the end of God of War, Athena gave Kratos the Blades of Athena before he climbed the steps to Mt. Olympus. In God of War: Betrayal, II, and the beginning of III, Kratos uses the Blades of Athena. Why would Kratos get a new set of blades in this game, which occurs right after GoW and before the events of Betrayal and II?

Message 10 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes