Highlighted
Jan 12 2013
By: DenStoreLebowski First Son 14 posts

Spamming spear throw

8 replies 344 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone else feel like spamming the spear throw is an exploit? Is it meant to be so effective? In my experience the spear is by far the best pickup, and it allows you to pull off two or three kills almost every time you are able to get to it. Just stand back from the melee and spam O. 

For those who think it's ok, do you have any strageties for countering spammers? I've noticed when you sprint, the auto aiming isn't able to lead you. Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Spamming spear throw

Jan 12, 2013

If anyone is getting that many kills with the spear, then I would think it's a n00b filled party. The spear does light damage, but it will keep foes off balance.

To defend, just hold block since they won't break your cover. If  you see a heavy spear attack coming,  dodge. Most of the time, just dodge your way to the attacker.

Message 2 of 9 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 12, 2013

If any drop should be nerfed it's the blades of chaos. I got 5 kills with it before it went away. Also just block.

Message 3 of 9 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Just get closer and closer and when he throws the spear block. Once you think you're close enough just press triangule. Ready up for a combo. If he evade just R1, be ready for what he does after you attack.

Message 4 of 9 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 13, 2013
They should just call this game Jump'Nshootman!

Just Jump and shoot, and everything dies!
Message 5 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Felstalker, why don't you stop with all the unneeded comments? They're becoming exremely annoying....

Message 6 of 9 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Rambo-Bro wrote:

Felstalker, why don't you stop with all the unneeded comments? They're becoming exremely annoying....

But it's true in favor of the gods, when someone grab the spear they start jumping and throwing... let me say that is pretty hard to kill those guys. I still think that after 3 jumps grappling will become available, if not they'll keep doing this.

Message 7 of 9 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 13, 2013

but you know what? The spear can be blocked! Why is it so hard for people to block and then either 1. Look for an opening, or 2. Flight. Fight or Flight right? If you think the person will kill you with the spears then take off and wait a little while for his spear to be discarded. World-weapons don't last incredibly long.

Message 8 of 9 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Actually they don't stay for too much but just enough to get 3 kills. Blocking during all that time? Really? If you block he can get close and press triangule or L1+triangule then keep throwing the spear, it's annoying. Annoying not impossible to kill.

Message 9 of 9 (270 Views)
0 Likes