Nov 09 2012
By: killaman200 First Son 4 posts

Is this worth buying Day 1

12 replies 352 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

Would anyone recommend buying this day one or within the first 3 months. I ask this because of dlc and stuff like that. seeing as how arkham city came with everything bundled 6 months after the games release, would anyone recommend waiting to see if they create a bundle with all dlc and everything else for a cheaper price or just buy it day one

Message 1 of 13 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Re: Is this worth buying Day 1

Nov 9, 2012
>all the DLC
Collector's Edition claims to give you everything (and all future DLC free). Beyond that, don't count on it. GoWIII never really made everything available.

>recommend it
No.
Message 2 of 13 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 9, 2012
This should be a day one pickup easily.
Message 3 of 13 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 9, 2012

yea i read about the collectors addition but didnt want to spend that much money on the game even though i love it. also i bought 3 day one and 2 months later the price dropped thats why i asked also was wondering if the price would drop

Message 4 of 13 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6013 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Preordered here. Can't wait!!

Message 5 of 13 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I will most likely get this pre-ordered. Huge fan of the series.  I never get the collector's editions though.  I don't need or even want the extra toys. Besides, I don't think my wife would be a fan of some video game character statues hanging about our home! Wifes are funny like that.

Message 6 of 13 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Dec 6, 2012

The multiplayer alone will add a massive boost and an intriguing portion to the franchise. I played it at PAX and the longer I have gone without playing it, the more I want to come March. SP alone is worth it for GOW. I never bought any of the DLC in the past, so I don't know about waiting but either way, it's well beyond "worth it". 

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 7 of 13 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 7, 2012

sQuiiDx wrote:

SP alone is worth it for GOW. 

Better be careful... some of the God of War "vets" will think you're talking about Gears of War and may feel the need to correct you.

Message 8 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Dec 7, 2012
^Don't mind the boy, Squid. He's just flustered. Some are easily made upset (thin skin) around here. Nothing special.

As you can see, he's let this anger about being corrected on a few fronts lead to denial of an obvious veteran of the series (a vet among vets even).

I'm here first and foremost to teach, instruct, tutor, etc. with playing the games well. To learn the mechanics, master enemies, use the environment, etc. to overcome challenges set by the game and some set by the vets (self-imposed challenges of a few kinds).

If you call yourself a fan of the series, I should like to know your run history with it. Which entries have you played? Which have you finished? What was the highest setting cleared for each title? If any, what challenges (of Hades, of Ares, of the Gods, etc.) have you cleared? Plats are pretty well related to this. To go beyond this is to discuss the realm of the vets (challenge runs, speedruns, etc.).
Message 9 of 13 (195 Views)
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Dec 7, 2012

GodModeGOD wrote:
^Don't mind the boy, Squid. He's just flustered. Some are easily made upset (thin skin) around here. Nothing special.

As you can see, he's let this anger about being corrected on a few fronts lead to denial of an obvious veteran of the series (a vet among vets even).

I'm here first and foremost to teach, instruct, tutor, etc. with playing the games well. To learn the mechanics, master enemies, use the environment, etc. to overcome challenges set by the game and some set by the vets (self-imposed challenges of a few kinds).

If you call yourself a fan of the series, I should like to know your run history with it. Which entries have you played? Which have you finished? What was the highest setting cleared for each title? If any, what challenges (of Hades, of Ares, of the Gods, etc.) have you cleared? Plats are pretty well related to this. To go beyond this is to discuss the realm of the vets (challenge runs, speedruns, etc.).

I've never recieved a plat on PS3. I gave up trophy/achievement whoring after after Orange Box (so frustrating).

I've played all of the "main" console versions. (1-3) and I've finished them all. I beat 1 and 2 on whatever "hard" was and only normal on 3 because I'm a giant baby and couldn't handle wanting to crush my controller on the "hanging boxes with minotaurs" section of the game. 

I don't remember what trophies I actually got on the 3rd one. I haven't played 1 or 2 on the PS3. 

I haven't done a speed run since Mirrors Edge.

I'm not a "mega" fan, I just enjoy history and I like the series. I'm an Uncharted player that just rallies around PS exclusives. 

The UC3 forums on ND's section are....not the same, so I figured I'd come here and tool around since I'm excited for the release. 

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 10 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes