Champions, DLC for God of War: Ascension keeps on coming and we’ve got more in store. Today we released two new Hammers to add to your personal arsenal – the Hammer of Atlas and the Hammer of Hephaestus.
Both Hammers are now available in the PSN Store and in-game. Simply click the images below to download, or check the PSN Store for “God of War: Ascension”.
Please Note: If you are a Season Pass holder, these will appear as FREE downloads for you.
The Gods have ordained that two powerful weapons of legend be granted to their Warriors – one infused with the power of the strongest Titan, while the other was the constant companion of a God. The Hammer of Atlas and Hammer of Hephaestus are now to be wielded in battle by mortals, and their enemies should cower in fear at the extraordinary might these tools of destruction contain. But the Gods will only let these weapons be used by warriors of experience, and as such, impart the wisdom of the God that wielded one and suffused the other with the power of a Titan.
Here are a few Tips and Combos for each level of Warrior from A.J. the Combo King, a legend among our development team:
- TIP: Ares and Hades Warriors have a great advantage when using the Atlas Hammer due its high, physical damage special attacks and large AoE attacks that can devastate a group of enemies when unleashed from the shadows. Before using the (L1+triangle) special attack, force the enemy into a corner, and hit them with a Disable Block or Curse de-buff to increases its damage potential and lower the enemy’s ability to avoid the attack.
- TIP: The Hephaestus Hammer uses elemental based hazards for its special attacks, so it is ideal for protecting objectives or commonly used paths. The hammer has high cooldown meters, and as such, the warrior must be prepared to fight an enemy without their use. Equip items that provide a high cooldown Reduction rate or increased Physical Resistant.
- TIP: The charged light attack of the Hephaestus Hammer places a small mine similar to the Lighting Storm magic attack. Use it trap enemies in a block state and immediately use a launcher to start a combo. Or pair it with the rank 3 Lighting Storm magic attack in order to attack large groups of enemies with the hammer and the magic attack and the beginning or end of a combo. Few enemies will dare approach you after a few encounters.
Make sure to check out our Multiplayer Pro Tips for how to best utilize the Hammer Charge. WATCH HERE.
Atlas Hammer Combos:
1. Jump triangle, L1 + square, jump square, square, R1.
2. Hold square (charge hammer), jump Circle, square, L1+square, R1
1. Jump triangle, hold triangle (launch only), L1 + square, jump square, square, R1.
1. Hold square (charge hammer), jump circle, hold triangle (jump up with enemy), L1+square, square, jump square, square, R1.
Hephaestus Hammer Combos:
1. Hold triangle (jump up with enemy), square, L1 + triangle, L1 + square.
2. Hold square (charge hammer), hold triangle, square, L1 + triangle, square, L1+square.
1. Jump triangle, L1 + triangle, square, hold triangle (jump up with enemy), square, L1 + square.
2. Hold square (charge hammer), jump triangle, L1 + triangle, square, hold triangle (jump up with enemy), square, square, R1.
1. Hold square (charge hammer), jump Circle, square, hold triangle (jump up with enemy), square, L1 + triangle, square, square, L1 + square.
2. Hold square (charge hammer), jump Circle, square, square, hold triangle (jump up with enemy), square, L1 + triangle, hold square, square, square, R1 or L1+square.
This is just a fragment of the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer DLC that we have in store for you in the coming weeks and months. Our development team is committed to supporting the Champions that are the God of War community, and look forward to evolving everyone's game in our Multiplayer arena. We have more weapons/armors on the way, new maps being crafted, and additional things we are working on to further enhance your Multiplayer experience. Keep visiting us here or @SonySantaMonica for the latest updates.
Now stop... HAMMER TIME.
I'M A BIG SHOT, THERE'S NO DOUBT
LIGHT A FIRE AND PEE IT OUT
DON'T LIKE IT? KISS MY RUMP
"Iron sharpens iron." - Barbarian King
"Merp." - Gypsy816
"the most sense Iv'e heard on these forums " -nico-chirry_no1
Is there a place we can go to find Beginner Intermediate and Advanced Combos for (All weapons) like this?? Gonna need these for 1v1-- I am a combo Guru when it comes to 1 v 1.. platted Sf4... the trials were ridiculouuuuuussssssjurioauibthaeuiraelnebnaelutrn
Unfortuneately this was on my old ps3 account-- Crackle777 (seriously) I did NOT plat sf4 a second time because SSF4 came out-- I did complete ALL of the trials on that on BOTH of my accounts though :-).. yeah i did every combo twice--- some took 8 hours of non stop trying to land---- :/ (whats wrong with me?)