Problems I've noticed:
When facing south if you miss a jump and grab a ledge you can't jump or climb up out of it. You can attack out of it, but sometimes it will attack the wrong direction and you'll fall to your death. This is on the Desert level for Team Favor of the Gods.
On the same Desert level there have been times I've noticed that even though you're standing directly in the same spot as another player when the Cyclops smashes his hand down only one player will be killed. Other times both, so it's inconsistant. Something to polish up by retail.
Matchmaking seems to take a lot longer than it should. Sometimes it's fast and then next game it takes 15 minutes or more to get the match going.
I'm enjoying it so far and looking forward to playing the retail version.
Eh, might as well post this once more; just gonna paste it:
- Lobby disbands even if 1 or 2 people are still trying to be "found" (This is annoying, since the game will just regroup everyone together again). The worst I've seen was the repeated regrouping of the same people, which happened 3 times. 1 or 2 people would be swapped with other players, which could've gotten a match going in a previous lobby.
- Armor sets have separate animations on the killed player as compared to the body when performing "Brutal Kills". The sleeves of the armor set will be up in the air, while the model's actual arms are lower and protruding out of the sleeves. Sometimes the upper armor DOES disappear, which I am not sure is supposed to happen or not (arm/leg/ armor also disappears SOMETIMES, along with the helmet on certain "Brutal Kill" animations).
- DESERT OF LOST SOULS: The ledge on the Spike Trap (middle of the map, to the LEFT of the Health Vent) is glitched. When hanging off of it, players can only press "Triangle" to pull themselves up, resulting in a power hit. "X" should be the button to pull yourself up. I've seen many players die because of this.
- As you mentioned, relics/items/magic continuously display a " ! " (exclamation mark) even when they've been looked at and cannot be upgraded due to character level/other scenarios.
- While in the "Champion" section, sometimes the currently equipped weapon will be placed on the characters back, which displays weird graphical bugs. The sword/hammer will shortly disappear afterwards.
- While fighting 2 enemies (even more, this is just an example), proceed to hit one enemy in the air while the other is on the ground. The "Grapple" notification will appear on the airborne player, but when pressing "R1" to grab the opponent, the chain will usually fly towards to grounded opponent. This results in lost opportunities and stuns, since you will be punished for attempting a "Grapple" on the grounded opponent. Make the game recognize the airborne opponent. Again, this isn't really a glitch, just a suggestion/logical fix.
- DESERT OF LOST SOULS: Within the bottom portion of the map, there are 4 ways to get to the upper portion.. The green chain grab, blue portal, and the 2 buildings on opposite ends which can be climbed. These 2 buildings NEED ATTENTION. They are a safe zone, especially when in the middle area of the wall. If an opponent is on the wall, they CANNOT be hit. Climbing the wall with them and then "hitting them" results in you falling, as well as the enemy, which is not very logical since the enemy is usually ABOVE you and had the head start. This is a very serious problem, as I've experienced Flag bearing players (Capture the Flag) waiting on these buildings and not moving until their Team's Flag has returned. Allow players to punch/kick in the Up, Down, Right and Left directions so that this does not happen. This should result in the enemy falling to the ground. Too often, players will rapidly sprint to these walls. In the early process of climbing, maybe allow players to also "Grapple" (R1) enemies to prevent them from cowardly gaining invincibility while clinging onto these walls.
This is all I can think of at the moment...
As for a side note, a Damage Inflicted system should be implemented. Damage done on enemies should be put towards your score, and even more points if you also get the kill. This will help the frustration with stolen kills, because most of the points went to 'you' and very little points went towards the disrespectful teammate who got the ONE death dealing blow. This also helps the usefulness of distractions. When fighting 2 or more enemies, the lone player gains NO score even if they completely drained both of their health. This needs to be thought through.
This type of score system has been mentioned by a few people on this Forum, and it is a brillant idea for God of War: Ascensions MP. If points are being rapidly accumulated due to this new Damage Inflicted score system, then it will result in VERY short matches. This can be solved by raising the Score Goal. Testing is obviously needed if this were to be to be added, so that lengthy or short matches can be avoided.
I've said this before, but THIS will be my last time posting this. I apologize, people seemed to find it useful though.
Keep up the good work everyone!!!!
A few more big problems with the game is when items or abilities don't actually do what they are supposed to. For example the Ares item that makes it so enemies can't block doesn't work all the time.
Another big problem is playing team matches when you end up losing your team and you play 2 on 4 or even worse 1 on 4.