Aug 16 2011
By: Oiler100 First Son 4 posts

Why are all the chests are not opening when I get to Athens?

1 replies 105 views Edited Aug 16, 2011

I am stuck on God of War 1 collection disc for the PS3.

My chests won’t open and I don’t know why. They used to open until I got further into the game,

As soon as I get off the boat and defeat some enemies, all the chests all do not open.

This would not be so bad as I managed to continue through the game until I get to the part where I have to use the Medusa gaze to freeze a Minotaur on a floor button to open the gates so I could get out.

At this stage I do not have enough magic and I can’t open the magic chest, so I cannot freeze the Minotaur. I tried battling them until I could power up but that takes ages.

Is this a bug in the game or did I fail to do something beforehand? I am playing on the normal level.

I called PS3 support but they could not help other than suggest I do a system reset involving reformatting my hard drive.

I did have Internet problems on my wireless lately, so I am thinking during the install, when my Internet was not working, I could have missed a recent update patch? I may have to wait until I get my Internet working again before I try.

I basically stopped playing until someone can help me. The walkthroughs don’t seem to address this problem. This is a great game so it’s a shame I can’t play it at this point. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Re: Why are all the chests are not opening when I get to Athens?

Aug 18, 2011

Now to see if you manage to get any help from those that might be able to address this issue.

Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)