Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2011
By: Oiler100 First Son 4 posts

Why are all the chests are not opening when I get to Athens?

1 replies 94 views Edited Aug 16, 2011

I am stuck on God of War 1 collection disc for the PS3.

My chests won’t open and I don’t know why. They used to open until I got further into the game,

As soon as I get off the boat and defeat some enemies, all the chests all do not open.

This would not be so bad as I managed to continue through the game until I get to the part where I have to use the Medusa gaze to freeze a Minotaur on a floor button to open the gates so I could get out.

At this stage I do not have enough magic and I can’t open the magic chest, so I cannot freeze the Minotaur. I tried battling them until I could power up but that takes ages.

Is this a bug in the game or did I fail to do something beforehand? I am playing on the normal level.

I called PS3 support but they could not help other than suggest I do a system reset involving reformatting my hard drive.

I did have Internet problems on my wireless lately, so I am thinking during the install, when my Internet was not working, I could have missed a recent update patch? I may have to wait until I get my Internet working again before I try.

I basically stopped playing until someone can help me. The walkthroughs don’t seem to address this problem. This is a great game so it’s a shame I can’t play it at this point. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5387 posts

Re: Why are all the chests are not opening when I get to Athens?

Aug 18, 2011

Now to see if you manage to get any help from those that might be able to address this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)
0 Likes