Nov 14 2009
By: Bearded_Warrior Wastelander 760 posts

Speed of Jason McDonald Trophy Cheat?

76 replies 188 views Edited Nov 14, 2009

Do you think it will be possible to go through the game with the Dairy **bleep** costume after it is unlocked by playing through the challenges?

Damage: 50%

Defense: 100%

Magic: 200%

Health: 200%

Experience: 200%

Infinite magic

Using this (or any of the other costumes) would make it much easier to complete the game in less than 5 hours. I just hope that they don't disable trophies for using the alternate costumes.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Re: Speed of Jason McDonald Trophy Cheat?

Nov 14, 2009

It's already easy enough to beat the games in under 5 hours. Most costumes don't get unlocked until after you beat the games and the challenges anyway....and I'm not sure about trophies being disabled. It's possible, but not probable. Most of the trophies, you'll unlock on your first playthrough though. All the magics, the combo trophy, beating the bosses and mini-bosses......things like that will be very easy to get the first time around.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Nov 16, 2009

They said nothing about restrictions on difficulty/costumes.  If you knew the speedrunning tricks (and learned well), one could beat God in 55 minutes.  5 hours is SMALL TIME to us (vets).  Even I, one who doesn't speedrun happily, could quite easily match that time without resorting to HUGE EXPLOITS, lesser settings, etc.

~If you have trouble for some reason, just ask for tips along the way and you'll do just fine

Message 3 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Nov 17, 2009

GodModeGOD wrote:

They said nothing about restrictions on difficulty/costumes.  If you knew the speedrunning tricks (and learned well), one could beat God in 55 minutes.  5 hours is SMALL TIME to us (vets).  Even I, one who doesn't speedrun happily, could quite easily match that time without resorting to HUGE EXPLOITS, lesser settings, etc.

~If you have trouble for some reason, just ask for tips along the way and you'll do just fine

I don't like feeling rushed when I play games and I've never attempted a speed run on any game. I play to games to relax and racing against a clock stresses me out

Let me know when you post that link of you beating God mode in 55 minutes. I'd like to see that.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Nov 17, 2009

I thought I made myself perfectly clear (especially in another, related topic).  I don't like to do speeruns.  Beating even GoW1's God Mode with 05:00:00 or less is indeed as I put it ("SMALL TIME").  I've done specialty runs in under that time.

I agree about the stress.  I feel much the same about recording.  Thus my YT account (BigVEE) has gone so long without updates.  Despite being CLEALRY good at what I do, I do't like the process at all.  Difficulty to enjoy and wears away at my desire to play.  It's not uncommon that one take LONG breaks after such projects.  Even damage value testing has done that to me after 3-4 runs through GoW1.  It gets old pretty fast to do the things I do. 

Imagine letting your foes hit you over and over to calculate their approximate damage values per attack/context/setting?  I've undergone this sort of project over and over...and I needed a break.  GoWIII's demo provided this...though I've found myself testing it instead >_______>.

NOTE: I'd rather test the power of OUR attacks then THEIR attacks

You want a link of GoW1 God Mode being crushed in slightly under 55 minutes  That's easily arranged.  It's a bother to have to fix the playlist, but I'll humor you.  Understand that I've been working with this community for a LONG time (as evidences by posts across GoW communities, YT comments/descriptions, the Glitch FAQs, etc.).  I've gone a by a few handles, but I'm mostly known by this one if any.  The runner for this showing is "tyrhhjy" as I'd denoted earlier.  It would appear you had misinterpreted what I'd said as both a joke and a claim of something I've done personally.

Upon review, the new YT set-up is garbage.  Just linking you to the fellow would be easier for both of us.

LINK

Message 5 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Nov 17, 2009

(Pride) Too arrogant?  Nonsense.  Just right.  It's the only proper way to carry myself.

(Offense) No worries fella.

(Joke)  Which part would that be precisely?

(Error) Not a spelling issue so much as a typo.  It's human to slip up afterall.  Hardly damaging to ones credibility in these terms.

NOTE: "Hey, Bro, ..." isn't a great way to start your 'approach'.  Call it a PROTIP.  Could be the unnecessary capital "B".  Could be the extra comma for no apparent reason.  Hard to say.  But we've been over that together.  Shared history now.

(Join Date) Even less a concern when considering one's ability/station.  I could have joined this very second and still be the 'top' player this boards ever been graced by *because so few of the others care to speak outside of TUGOWU if anywhere these days*.

(Community) Cool story bro.  Would read again.

NOTE: Aren't they all?  So unnecessary to bring that up.

(Fan type) You mean casuals amirite?  Because that's what I see and this is what you've described so clearly.  It's no wonder.  I should have noticed sooner that this basically is PSU and I'd already judged them as a 'sad, sad case'.  Though I'll certainly give it another go.  No need to thank me.

(Credibility) That's always in question.

(Fanhood) Questionable.

(Enjoyment) I won't get it out of basic discourse.

(Fellow Users) I'm less intereste in them as 'people' and more interested in them as being made into peers (prospects)

~I have little other reason to be here.  If I see no real 'gems', this place will be abandoned like PSU proper in the past.  If I wanted idle conversation, I could get such things out of numerous other boards (with less rules and users more open to "sword rattling").  It's always a bother to hold oneself back...wouldn't you agree?

Message 6 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Nov 17, 2009

So are you just here to find your intellectual equal with regard to GOW knowledge?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Nov 17, 2009

Not at all. Such high hopes would be unrealistic.  I look to shape/create such an individual to call "peer".  It's rather rare I find equals and superiors in any field outside 'raw skill' (ability without practice).  Those happen by chance and never at a board such as this where the 'small talk' is treasured.

TUGOWU once reflected this place.  Over the years, I influenced the place greatly...effectively 'cleaning house'.

I'm looking for "prospects".  Those willing to go beyond the basic experience and "ascend".  These are the people I'd happily converse with. 

There's been quite a lot of these over the years.  The more recent bunch or 'the gent', 'DP', AKheon, satvara, MrEmpirical, 'Inferno', 'Snake',...among others.  'SolidSarlo' is one new prospect.  Capital_P disappeared (got busy), but was doing well beforehand *rewarded my aid with the GoWIII demo without being asked*.

~If indeed this is just a place that is apart of the PSU boards...I have relatively little hope in noticing a user that will fill any such role for me.

Message 8 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Nov 17, 2009

lol! You sound like a leader of a cult

I used to be a member of TUGOWU but I left. It didn't seem very organized and I just didn't like the feel of it, if you know what I mean. But to each his own. So what are the requirements of a "prospect"? I'm sure I don't qualify, though I'm curious nonetheless.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Dec 16, 2009

GodModeGOD wrote:

I thought I made myself perfectly clear (especially in another, related topic).  I don't like to do speeruns.  Beating even GoW1's God Mode with 05:00:00 or less is indeed as I put it ("SMALL TIME").  I've done specialty runs in under that time.

I agree about the stress.  I feel much the same about recording.  Thus my YT account (BigVEE) has gone so long without updates.  Despite being CLEALRY good at what I do, I do't like the process at all.  Difficulty to enjoy and wears away at my desire to play.  It's not uncommon that one take LONG breaks after such projects.  Even damage value testing has done that to me after 3-4 runs through GoW1.  It gets old pretty fast to do the things I do. 

Imagine letting your foes hit you over and over to calculate their approximate damage values per attack/context/setting?  I've undergone this sort of project over and over...and I needed a break.  GoWIII's demo provided this...though I've found myself testing it instead >_______>.

NOTE: I'd rather test the power of OUR attacks then THEIR attacks

You want a link of GoW1 God Mode being crushed in slightly under 55 minutes  That's easily arranged.  It's a bother to have to fix the playlist, but I'll humor you.  Understand that I've been working with this community for a LONG time (as evidences by posts across GoW communities, YT comments/descriptions, the Glitch FAQs, etc.).  I've gone a by a few handles, but I'm mostly known by this one if any.  The runner for this showing is "tyrhhjy" as I'd denoted earlier.  It would appear you had misinterpreted what I'd said as both a joke and a claim of something I've done personally.

Upon review, the new YT set-up is garbage.  Just linking you to the fellow would be easier for both of us.

LINK

Hey bro, I'm sure you're good at what you do. You're just coming across a little too arrogant. No offense, really. And I was just making a lame joke earlier. Some of your statements like "Despite being CLEALRY good at what I do", and "I've been working with this community for a LONG time (as evidences by posts across GoW communities)" are just a couple of examples. The fact that you misspelled clearly and only joined this site yesterday make it more amusing.

This is a fairly close knit community with avid fans, but not the kind of fans that find it necessary to enter into pissing contests about one anothers credibility or fanhood. Anyway, welcome to the official GOW community. I hope you take the time to get to know some of the people around here and enjoy the site.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 77 (188 Views)
0 Likes