Sep 29 2011
By: COMBATCSOLDIER Splicer 52 posts

I never get tired of God of War. By far the greatest series ever!

10 replies 291 views Edited Sep 29, 2011

It never gets old to me. This is one game that could over saturate the market and I will never get sick of it as I have with the mari, sonic, and other mascots over the years. The new collection, as in remakes of the psp versions are absolutely incredible. I can only hope that part four isn't that far off. Seeing as after the credits in part three, some one saved kratos.

I do wonder where the story can go though. David Jaffe had said that he thought about invading the marvel universe in terms of Thor and Odin. That would be insane. I never really get excited for video games any more. Especially as I get older and my kids are getting older as well However, with God of War its just something I truly look forward to. Kratos is by far the most electrifying character of any game period.

Sgt. Solomon
Message 1 of 11 (291 Views)
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Re: I never get tired of God of War. By far the greatest series ever!

Sep 29, 2011

God of War is indeed a rich and exhilarating action-adventure franchise. If there's one bad apple gamers can all look up to, it's Kratos.

Whether Sony can extend the life of the franchise though is a question I'm not sure could happen. Oversaturating the market with this or any product often ends up badly. While you may not mind spending $40-$60 or more on a new God of War each year, eventually the Kratos character will stagnate... just like Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, and other Activision (or not) franchises that have been driven into the ground from their annual flooding.

Whatever's next for Kratos, if there is anything to achieve, I can only think this would happen in the PlayStation 4/Vita generation of gaming, where the one now is in the process of shifting away with some great-looking titles heading out this year and next for a good-bye gift from the development community to the gamers who will undoubtedly bask in their warmth.

Message 2 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Yeah, it's one of those games that I can keep replaying and still have fun with. Right now, I plan to finish God of war 3 in titan mode (for my 18th platinum) and then play the God of war origins collection. I plan to platinum both.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 3 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19646 posts

Sep 30, 2011

I agree 100% with you, but it's unfortunate I don't own a PS3 at the moment to experience the GOW: Origins Collection in HD. It's times like these I'm glad my PS2 still operates regardless of the infamous broken CD tray.

[HOONIGAN]
Message 4 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Psycho719 wrote:

I agree 100% with you, but it's unfortunate I don't own a PS3 at the moment to experience the GOW: Origins Collection in HD. It's times like these I'm glad my PS2 still operates regardless of the infamous broken CD tray.

Photobucket
PS.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.

Well, if you own a PSP, then you can still play Chains of olympus and ghost of sparta. Both games can be bought and downloaded of the PS store.

But, try to get a PS3. Because playing all the God of war games for trophies is beyond cool.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 5 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12491 posts

Oct 1, 2011

To be completely honest with you, there are quite a few video games that I like more than those God of War video games but I’m happy that this video game series is bringing you joy in some manner.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 6 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I concur, my favorite series of all time. But I wouldn't want Sony to pump out below standard GoW games just to feed people's hunger for new games. Hopefully if they do make a new one it's a fresh story with the same great gameplay.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19205 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I really like the God of War series as well and always thought that it was well worth the money.

Message 8 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Oct 1, 2011
Message 9 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 3, 2012

As a gamer it's my go-to franchise more than any other, mostly because the gameplay is more old school and "active" than other genres, and the excellent music, visuals and story only help add to its greatness.  The DS3 gets a workout from GoW lol.  Its also inspired me to try more games from the same genre.  Playing Castlevania: LoS, and Darksiders is up next.

Before GoW, from the modern era I've really only played through the first Devil May Cry and a little NGSmiley Frustrated.  Both excellent games but God of War is more my style, partly because I also loved Castlevania from the 2D era.  When you think of it, God of War is the 3D Castlevania that never was, from a gameplay perspective.  Lament of Innocence was a great effort, but lacked the tightness, polish and brutal intensity.  Lords of Shadow is so far very impressive (especially the titan fights), but once again the combat and general gameplay isn't up to GoW's level of refinement. 

I still think 3 is the most impressive overall game on PS3, even after playing through Uncharted 3 a few times.  I'll admit that on a technical level with environmental physics (cruise ship, water, etc.), lighting and certain animations UC3 takes the crown, but the scale and overall audio-visual presentation of GoW 3 is still unparalelled.  The use of anti aliasing, especially on shadows is the best I've seen yet. 

Message 10 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes