Jan 07 2012
By: subliminalmoi First Son 3 posts

How do i get the Downloadable Content (DLC) for the Origins Collection?

5 replies 1544 views Edited Jan 7, 2012

hello, i purchased God of War Origins Collection last month as part of Sony's Ultimate Combo Pack (meaning the game came bundled with a DUALSHOCK3 controller at a special price).

on the box of the bundle, it describes the Bonus Material/Downloadable Content as Legionnaire Kratos and Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena plus a video of the developers talking. neither the box nor the game box nor anywhere else in the package is there a voucher.

the video of the developers is on the Blu-Ray disc but how do i get or where do i find the Downloadable Content?

i looked in both games' menus. i did a Google Search. i even phoned into Sony Entertainment support - they didn't have a clue and just suggested that i post here in the forum...

so does anyone know how i get this Downloadable Content?

Message 1 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: How do i get the Downloadable Content (DLC) for the Origins Collection?

Jan 7, 2012

you will prolly need to FINISH the game. This being Ghost of Sparta seeing I have Chains of Olympus finished and the content you mentioned is not there. Yes it says its DLC for me too on the box.

Message 2 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 8, 2012

thanks for the reply but can anyone who has finished Ghost of Sparta confirm that the Legionnaire Kratos skin and the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena then becomes available (either for play from the disk or downloadable)?

i'm surprised that no one from Sony Entertainment support could actually confirm this. it's one of their games! not even a third-party one... they didn't even step up and volunteer to contact the developers and get back to me with a definite answer.

and if there is supposed to be a voucher with a unique code to get the downloadable content, then it seems you missed out too in your package.

Message 3 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Legionaire IS unlocked after finishing Ghost of Sparta, I did it on normal and I'm playing as Demios right now.(Cut scenes are all Kratos though)

Message 4 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 16, 2012

thanks for the reply about the Legionaire skin.

what about the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena? does that become unlocked as well after finishing Ghost of Sparta?

is that actually downloaded content or is it already on the Blu-Ray disc and just unlocked?

thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5724 posts

Jan 26, 2012

You can't beat the game to Unlock the Arena in the first place as I recall.  You need to beat some challenges to get that and it should come with the Forest you seek.  As for fleshing it out, you need to go to the Temple of Zeus to buy a bunch of crap for it until you can get the second playable character.  Beating higher settings will get some of the other costumes you likely lack.

Message 6 of 6 (1,544 Views)
0 Likes