Mar 22 2011
By: BaCler First Son 1 posts

God of war colletion crashes?

3 replies 733 views Edited Mar 22, 2011

I'm using a 40gb fat ps3, and god of war 1 (collection) crashes after i kill the first hydra and loot the chest around the corner. Screen just freezes, and the console crashes. Non of my other games have any problems atall.

I've tried all the fixes i found online:

Disable internet connection, resolution set to 720p, not sure what else i can do!

any help would be greatly appericiated

Cheers,

Chris

Message 1 of 4 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Re: God of war colletion crashes?

May 17, 2011

I can't help with your crashes.  I remember specific issues with GoWII's RotT+canceling antics that would lock things up, but no fix is to be expected.

Message 2 of 4 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2011

Try limiting GOW collection to only 480p that is what finally worked for me and my symptoms were identical to yours where the game was freezing on the hydra or soon thereafter. It kind of invalidates the whole point of GOW Collection for PS3 but it is better than a completely unplayable game. It is also a good idea to try every resolution setting one at a time 1080p 1080i 720p then 480p to see if any of them work for you. The problems that are not readily fixed through other means, restore default settings etc.., seem to be related to upscaling or high def period.

Message 3 of 4 (733 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 14, 2012

I have the same issue.  Also a 40GB fatty.  I thought it might have been a disc issue, so after repeated crashes playing the BD version, I bought the digital version off of PSN.  Same problem.  I've tried setting resolution all the way down to 480p and disabled internet connection - no luck - still freezes.  The freezes are random though, so I can usually make some progress and backtrack to save points, but this weekend I could not make it to the next save point without a crash 4 times in a row.  Over an hour of lost play time and I think I may just give up trying to play this game any more. 

This is a major first party studio here - this kind of glitched release and lack of patch is unacceptable.

Message 4 of 4 (733 Views)
0 Likes