Sep 29 2010
By: Sauron9ofMordor First Son 8 posts

God of War Collection - Sound Issues...

4 replies 489 views Edited Sep 29, 2010

I was playing God of War 2 on the God of War Collection for PS3 and I noticed that in three places the voice acting messes up repeatedly:

!Possible Spoilers...!

-

-

-

-

1. In the beginning, when you arrive to fight the Colossus, Kratos screams at Athena and what he says is cut off when the guards arrive.

2. After Kratos climbs out of Hades and talks to the dying Spartan, both of their voices sound hollow, almost  as if they were in a cave.

3. At the end, when Kratos is fighting Zeus, he should say "I lay down my arms, Zeus!" but he is silent and only his mouth moves.

The voice functions perfectly in God of War 1 on the Collection, and in every part of God of War 2 except those places. I am playing on a regular TV. With it's own speakers. The PS3's settings have not been touched. Also, I just bought both the PS3 and the game this January so I know they are both new and could not be the problem. That being said... Is this because of the remastering of God of War 2? Has anyone else noticed these odd voice cut-offs in the game? If so, is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

(Thus far, I have cleaned the disc, deleted my saved game file and started over, and yet still these issues persist! I have played Dante's Inferno, God of War 1 on the Collection disc and Final Fantasy XIII... And they all work flawlessly. This problem seems only to occur with God of War 2 on the Collection disc.)

Message 1 of 5 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: God of War Collection - Sound Issues...

Nov 6, 2010

Thats not good. I was seriously considering buying these. Although I suppose if those

are the only problem it wouldn't matter much

Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 17, 2010

I am also facing this problem.

Message 3 of 5 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 18, 2010

thats not true

Message 4 of 5 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 20, 2010

I ordered a used copy from Gamestop, since they were able to guarantee it works that way. I got it and the second copy worked the same as the first. I decided it was time to call the company that made God of War Collection and ask them, so I called the number in the game manual and asked to talk to someone in Tech Support. I told them that I was experiencing this issue in two totally different copies of God of War Collection, and they kept having me reload my saved games and testing if it was indeed happening every time. Which it was. Then, they had me try to start over with a new game on both copes. Same difference. Finally, they said that they had no idea what could be doing this. Then, I decided to ask them the question I myself was curious about. I told them that my T.V. set has Mono sound and I asked them if that had anything to do with it. They contacted some head of the Tech Support department and asked him about this. Then, they got back to me and explained that, "since the game's sound was recorded only in Stereo, you will only be able to hear *everything* on a T.V. that has stereo sound or has a stereo sound system hooked up to it. The game's remastered sound was not recorded with mono sound in mind. The original God of War 2 for PS2 was, however, recorded with Mono as an option. That's why you won't get this problem with that version of the game, but certain people with these kinds of T.V.s will get this problem with the new version." I thanked the man for explaining this to me at last, and decided to see for myself. I dusted off my old PS2, popped in a copy of the original God of War 2, and it worked flawlessly. No sound issues whatsoever. Unlike the new one. At least now, I know why! And so, I haven't worried about it since finding this out. The culprit: lack of support for Mono.

So there you have it, straight from the proverbial chariot horse's mouth! I hope this helps others who have this issue to finally understand why this doesn't happen to everyone. Just to some, who play on these older kinds of T.V. sets. SInce most folks today have stereo setups of various kinds, they will likely never run into this issue at all.

Message 5 of 5 (489 Views)
0 Likes