Mar 19 2011
By: Sgt_Phantomizer First Son 14 posts

God of War Collection - GoW1 "Speed of Jason McDonald" Trophy Help?

3 replies 1363 views Edited Mar 19, 2011

Just looking for tips and advice in general on how to get this trophy. I read elsewhere to avoid all unneccessary fights and only open chests you really need and i have a few questions.

1)

What exactly classifies as "chests i really need"?

2)

Since i'll be ignoring alot of stuff and won't be getting as many red orbs for upgrades as i normally would, is this going to make the boss fights much more difficult?

3)

I'm up to the Treasure Room in Athens with a play time of 48mins, is this looking good?

I just want to get the trophy, i'm not interested in an ultra speed run (same place i read the suggestions i mentioned above i also read some people have done it in under 3hrs, i don't really care how long it takes me, as long as it's under 5hrs, i'm fine).

Any other advice would be welcome too.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (1,363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Re: God of War Collection - GoW1 "Speed of Jason McDonald" Trophy Help?

May 17, 2011

1) >need

You don't require any.  At all.

2) Not really.

3) Meh.

>3 hours

Try 55 minutes.  But then, you don't need to do anything remotely as impressive.

You should be reading the Glitch FAQ of AKheon, referring to video aid on YT, etc.  Regenerating magic, EXP orb fountain exploiting, etc. would allow you to trample the game.  Really, the first thing you should study up on is method two of getting regenerating magic.  Though, if you're so worried about all this, you could just do it on a second playthrough using Dairy Bastard so you need not learn a damn thing.  Just spam PR and skip what you can.

Message 2 of 4 (1,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Just did this a few days ago, and I can confirm the Dairy Bastard costume makes this a walk in the park.  Playing on easy with this costume, I completed the game in 3 hours without even trying - fight as few mobs as you need to, and be sure to remember the puzzle.  Also keep in mind that pressing "start" to pause the game DOES NOT stop the timer, while select DOES stop the timer  The only real "difficult" part was finding getting through the desert, and finding the mobs.

If you're on the road for platinum, Challenge of the Gods is a requirement as it is, and completing that will certainly make up for the ease in the speed run trophy (using the costume). 

Message 3 of 4 (1,363 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5827 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Even without the costume, it can be pretty easy to cheese for it.  Hell, if they had a trophy for VH, that too could be made a joke though costumes aren't open to that setting.  Regenerating magic would give you the effect needed to spam PR throughout.  Get it to lvl2+ and you're set really.

CotG10 is likely what the other gent refers to (not so much CotG2 or CotG8 I imagine).  That can be addressed when you're quite ready if need be.

Message 4 of 4 (1,363 Views)
0 Likes