Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: God of War Collection Boss Batch Trophy Workaround Guide

Nov 19, 2010

Funny.  Shows how behind I am.  Haven't been on any forums for a while, but this happened to me last night and I thought it was because I had shut down my system by accident while switching my controllers.  Anyway, it kind of stinks but I gotta give you guys credit for the amount of time many of you have invested in trying to get this trophy.  As long as I know its happening to others, I'm OK with it because I really just want to see how the story ends.  I do agree however, that its ridiculous its been going on for a year and they haven't patched it.  Especially since they're basically doube dipping on the GOW Collection.  Oh well.  Game on.

Message 21 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 20, 2010

i have found that you do not have to use the workaround steps to get the

boss batch 3 trophy to unlock. there seemed to be some who attempted the

workaround and it still did not work for them. i was told that you just keep

on trying it until it does, but i think thats just crazy. i would say that

attempting my solution below will work 100% of the time. please try and see.

the way i did it was to ignore getting the urns in the game. just get

through the game without backtracking so you finish the game faster. i done

this twice because i completed the game in two different profiles i created

on my PS3. both times i did this the trophy did unlock after killing the 3rd

sister of fate. play it on easy difficulty so you can just plow through the

game. its my opinion that the urns are the cause, but thats only my opinion.

however there is a clue that gave me the idea on the making of GoW2 videos

that indicate some screw up with the bonus urns.

Message 22 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2010

ok so am i understanding this correctly i have to play the game again and forget the urns? i cant just do an update or something. and secondly i cant view the boss 3 trophy glitch fix thread.

Message 23 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 24, 2010

there is no update i am aware of. if there was they would probably make us

pay for it. yes i understand playing the game over again is a pain, but

thats only if this workaround guide is not working for you. you still have

to replay the big battles for the workaround and to me thats crazy enough if

it does not work. if you really want that trophy to unlock, these 2 options

are the only solutions i am aware of. i have searched a lot and did testing

of my own and this is it. i do not have any hope that there ever will be a

patch. but if you are aware of something i am not then please let me know.

Message 24 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 7, 2011

Just tried your workaround, making it the 6th workaround I've tried. Nothing worked.

Please Santa Monica, patch this trophy glitch. I've played through this game 6 times and still haven't unlocked it.

Message 25 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 9, 2011

i would like to know the details of your attempt on my suggested way to get the boss batch 3 trophy. i just got word from someone else that his attempts at my work around did not unlock the trophy untill he understood the exact way i attempted to explain it. seems like you maybe understanding something a little different or something? the trophy did finally unlock for that someone after he ask detailed question and tried again. i had to attempt finishing the game more than 6 times for me to figure out this way. i would not put any hope in there being a patch.

i just suggest playing the easy difficulty for anyone attempting this way. but just keep in mind my way is just about getting that trophy to unlock and nothing more. i suggest that anyone attempting my way not expect it to work with your other goals during game play. ingnore your need to get everything. just basics are needed to play easy difficulty and get to the 3rd sister as fast as you can. my assumtion is (and no facts to base this on) time maybe a factor as well.

Message 26 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 9, 2011

hay, LunarFreeze...... i got your reply but was not clear on the workaround you used. i have my own way and this will explain it. it has nothing to do with the workaround guide above

please...  if anyone is still desperate to unlock that trophy, give my way a try.  tell me if it works for you. after many attempts i found this way and tested it a second time. both were successful in unlocking that trophy.

you  can not continue a game with those urns. you must begin a new game without any unlocked items.  so when the difficulty selections appears select the easy difficulty and select "no" when it ask you. run through  the game without any back tracking. try to get through the game as fast  as you can. do not attain any urns. you must start new game like you had to do the first time you played.  once you have reached the 3rd sister of fate and kill her the trophy  will unlock. you do not have to finish the game from there because you  have achieved your goal. you now can go to your saved games of GoW 2 and  continue them any way you please. the above information is just for the  purpose of unlocking that trophy. i know you want everything the game  has to offer. just think of this as only a trophy run. what i believe prevents you from  obtaining the boss batch 3 trophy is beating the  game and getting everything, thus obtaining the urns. some sort of glitch the programers  did not catch and i have no hope of them fixing it.

remember  you have to begin a new game without having or getting any urns. once you get  that trophy unlocked the new game you started in easy difficulty can be  saved over. if you have any questions please ask.

Message 27 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 9, 2011

Thanks for your reply, but fortunately it unlocked for me right after booting the game up again. Don't know why but it works for me.

Again thanks for the help.

Message 28 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 4, 2011

ummm how com i can't see the gide???

Message 29 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts