Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 30 2012
By: PlumpaTroll Splicer 53 posts

Future of God of War

16 replies 538 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

I was sitting in my shower this morning trying to wake up and was for some reason thinking about Kratos and the God of War series. First of all, I LOVE these games, and I think it's so cool to base a huge game series off of Greek mythology. However, I believe that the series needs to take a more edgy turn.

So, imagine this. A God of War game based off of Egyptian or Norse mythology! Imagine a Norweigan or Egyptian hero trying to take down gods such as Ra, Set, Thor, or Loki! I don't know about you guys but I think this would be a very exciting and successful turn to the series. (They also probably wouldn't have to name it God of War or anything). 

Message 1 of 17 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Re: Future of God of War

Oct 30, 2012
I like your idea but something seems wrong about it
Message 2 of 17 (526 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Oct 30, 2012

If another dev team made it, it would border on plagiarism.

Message 3 of 17 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Oct 30, 2012

No lol. I'm talking about if Santa Monica still made it

Message 4 of 17 (508 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11260 posts

Oct 30, 2012
They said they thought about it, but it seemed like a good idea to call Kratos' story quits, give it an end.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 5 of 17 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9672 posts

Oct 30, 2012

PlumpaTroll wrote:

I was sitting in my shower this morning trying to wake up and was for some reason thinking about Kratos and the God of War series. First of all, I LOVE these games, and I think it's so cool to base a huge game series off of Greek mythology. However, I believe that the series needs to take a more edgy turn.

So, imagine this. A God of War game based off of Egyptian or Norse mythology! Imagine a Norweigan or Egyptian hero trying to take down gods such as Ra, Set, Thor, or Loki! I don't know about you guys but I think this would be a very exciting and successful turn to the series. (They also probably wouldn't have to name it God of War or anything). 

I actually came up with this idea a while back and posted it on the official forum for God of War but it turns out it probably wouldn't be able to be done because those mythologies aren't as straight forward as greek and are a little "out there" 

the series has to die eventually, but I would like to see them tackle more things with the "god of war" logo.  It's all about Kratos and while I like the guy, the MP is a good example of how the GoW series could do well without him being the center of attention.  

Message 6 of 17 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Honestly I wouldn't like this either, the series is already good the way it is don't change what isn't broken, Greek mythology is just fine in the place of God of War, it pretty much sets the standards for the series at this point.
Message 7 of 17 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Theres a christian version.. its called dantes inferno..
PS did you know the GOW series tells the story of what paved the way for Christianity since after Kratos released hope the morning star appeared along with the three wise kings.. and thus the rise of Christianity.. you can see it in on the walls with the three gorgan sisters
Message 8 of 17 (456 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Maybe Santa Monica should develop the rest of the Heavenly Sword series?
Message 9 of 17 (448 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I agree OP. I'm a bit skeptical of the new God of War game if I'm honest. I assume that's because all the Gods are now dead. I'm aware it's a prequel but it's yet to impress me. Maybe it's time to take down new gods?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 17 (426 Views)
0 Likes