Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Cliffs of Madness Room with spears in the floor...

Jan 9, 2010

Just a thought but I wonder if the difficulty maybe has something to do with it.  My friend is playing on normal and was able to get in 3 tries.  I am playing on the easy difficulty but am unable to make this jump.  He tried it on my game and he is unable to get it either.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Jan 9, 2010

wow that's a possibility...I only play G...I can't even type it...Hard mode or Spartan so maybe in easy you don't jump as high or with as much vigor?...hmm could be

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Jan 10, 2010

(God Mode) What about it? *kekeke*  My offers still stand to all those they apply to.

~I'll try to rush ahead with my run before I babysit

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 8, 2010

Well, after about 50+ tries myself. Im hanging it up. It isnt a "puzzle", its an excercise in futility for some. Its supposed to be a game (meaning fun). Respawning a hundred times to get frustrated again isnt fun or even a puzzle at this point. Its a game-breaker.

Someone mentioned 5 seconds or so shaved off the clock from the PS2 version, even if Q&A missed this, it should be patched at the least. I wanted to play this series in order and then go out and buy GoW3, I think ill pass. Not picking up anything related to GoW at this point.

Also needing to do the blade moves to bypass the block part of this room (they call this an exploit rather than workaround btw), isnt viable for some that havent upgraded their blades all the way. My blades are up to level 4 and I have the moves in the arsenal to pull it off iirc, feels like a cheat and im too old school to want to resort to this.

Just sucks that I played through most of the game to hit a brick wall. Ive finished every game that ive set out to finish, I like a challenge too but this really needs a fix. For alot of people to die this much in a crappy side room (not even a boss fight) is not fun. GG Sony for not fixing this.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Oct 9, 2010

^I give you no excuses.  There is more than one way to get beyond the puzzle without the block.  And there is no loss of time to be noted.  Those are just the unproven words of a casual.  I'm half surprised no one has claimed that there are more clones than there used to be, the Atlas Handle trap springs faster, the twin pillars in Hades are even harder to navigate, etc.

Explain exactly what you're doing and I'll humor your aid.  I'm not going to teach you exploits you could research yourself if you're just going complain to a board like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 9, 2010

I dont need you to humor me. Im not going to drag this out beyond what Ive said already. I didnt come for advice from a "godmodegod". I just came to add my 2 pennies (semi-rant, though you call it a complaint) to this  thread in an official forum about this remake.

BTW, Im going to assume you think casual gamers (based on your post) dont count for much to you. You might want to consider that a large amount of gamers are indeed casual. I doubt GoW was made with only the hardcore in mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Oct 9, 2010

(Need) You do.

(Not going to drag this out) We'll see about that.

NOTE: Vendetta against the apostrophe?  Not uncommon.

(Advice) You're sure?  It would be advisable.  I am that damn good afterall.

(2 penneis) "2 cents" is expression proper.

(Awkward sentence) I'll overlook this an answer.  They ARE nothing to me.  I try to make something of nothing like a god.  Why?  Because I can.  Need there be other reasons?  There are.  But this semi-rant is enough.

(Majority) And said portion tends to be wrong.

(GoW mindset) That's the unfortunate part.  Humoring the majority that are bad at games only for lack of effort.  For shame.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 19, 2014
Just did this method on the Collection... By Zeus' beard, it works!
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 19, 2014
Just did the Fender Bender method on the Collection... By Zeus' beard, it works!
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (39 Views)
0 Likes