Aug 20 2010
By: ciba13 First Son 4 posts

CRANK BUG?!

6 replies 5 views Edited Aug 20, 2010

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me being a retard with a ps3 controller?

I progressed trough the whole game up to Clotho with this issue, but this time it looks like it won't cut it.

Every time i try to turn a crank even if i follow the right stick on the screen i can never manage  to turn it in a fluid motion, its like my stick only matches the one on screen for half the turn, and that makes the crank turn and then stop then turn a bit then stop again.

All worked fine till now, but when try to turn the 2 cranks by the lil' puny Clotho hands, i can never do more then 3/4 of a turn until she start to smash my head against the wall behind me.

If anyone knows how to fix this, or if it's me, PLEASE for crying out loud tell what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

The ps3controller nub.

Message 1 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Re: CRANK BUG?!

Aug 20, 2010

I think it's just you. You gotta go at the right speed. Too fast and it can't read it properly. Same thing with too slow. Make sure you're making full turns with the analog, and follow Kratos' progression, not the stick on the screen.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 20, 2010

Sigh, i am like 99% sure that the first crank you turn the lil tip BS pops and tells you to follow the motion on the screen, so um, yeah you have to go with Kratos' turn not the stick on the SCREEN. yeaaahhh.

Thanks. i can't believe i went this fat with this ... handicap.

Message 3 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Aug 20, 2010

You can shut tips off in the options menu too, if it bothers you that much. I'm sure you've hit her hand to disable it for a few seconds before you turn the crank, yes? If so, then I'm not exactly sure what to tell you. Sometimes I'll do that too, but it's mainly because my speed isn't accurate enough. Then you kinda have to rotate the stick all the way around until you're back to where Kratos is and start from there, instead of just starting off right from where you it stopped at. I'm sure you'll get it. You're pretty close to end, so i wouldn't just give up. How new are you to GoW in general?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 20, 2010

Well, i'm kinda new to consoles, just got my ps3 2weeks ago just cuz i wanted to play DeathSpank sooo, yeah i got sick this week, been home, finished 1st GOW on easy, then normal, then gave a few shots at the challenges and got stuck at 10th, gave up and started gow2 lol :/

So i would say few days lol.

I kinda wanted the tips and the tutorials on cuz the controls and combos are a bit different then in the first one, and when you play the 2nd release rite after the first ... it sux cuz you are used to the 1st set of controls :/

Message 5 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 20, 2010

on to the 3rd one ... RAWR!

Message 6 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Aug 20, 2010

GoW3 is amazing, that's for sure. You should try the harder difficulties when you get more practice at everything. The series has good replay value.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes