First Son
5 posts

Re: *spoiler* chains of olympus made it inconsistant

Apr 17, 2010

BOLEROxOFxFIRE wrote:

so i noticed in chains of olympus that you meet atlas the titan. now this is supposed to be a prequel to the first game, yet in the first game when you are told about kronos and pandora's temple, kratos states "a titan lives?" its a very minor thing to notice but in movies and shit it always does bother me a little. don't get me wrong the games are all amazing i just figured i would see if anyone else noticed that

If you recall, some of the cinematics from GoW II showed bits from 'The Great War' between the Olympians and the Titans. One in particular shows Hades pulling Atlas' soul right out of his body. I'm pretty sure that clarifies as being dead. When you encounter him in Chains of Olympus, I'm not sure exactly what section of the underworld it's in, but it is most definately part of Hades. So when Kratos is told about Cronos and he responds with "a titan lives?", I think it's pretty safe to assume that he is surprised that one exists in the realm of the living.

My biggest inconsistancy with Chains of Olympus is how Kratos is able to kill Persephone. You are told a few times during God of War that Pandora's Box is the ONLY thing that will allow a mortal to kill a god. While Kratos may be half mortal, half god, he did not know this when he went after Persephone, who is FULL god. She may not be on the same level as Ares, Athena, Zeus, etc, etc, but she is still a goddess. Plus when the Athens oracle told Kratos that he would need the Box to kill Ares, you know his 'needs help from no one' attitude would have led him to tell her to "F**k off! I've killed one before. I can do it again!" Maybe in the underworld, everything is vulnerable. Any thoughts?

Message 11 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Thoughts?  Yeah.  They didn't give a shit about sucn considerations.

~Pity that

Message 12 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

May 21, 2010

You guys dont miss anything huh?  I was just happy the games made sense! Whatever that means!

Message 13 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 17, 2010

He killled her with Zeus's Gauntlet, ie a weapon made by a god to chain up Titians so I think that could kill a goddess as weak as Persehony, I mean Hermes was killed by just geting his legs cut off. Immortality it would seem is very relative.

Message 14 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Jul 26, 2010

I should hope the GoZ is responsible for this case.

Message 15 of 15 (346 Views)
0 Likes