Highlighted
Mar 24 2010
By: BOLEROxOFxFIRE First Son 1 posts

*spoiler* chains of olympus made it inconsistant

14 replies 325 views Edited Mar 24, 2010

so i noticed in chains of olympus that you meet atlas the titan. now this is supposed to be a prequel to the first game, yet in the first game when you are told about kronos and pandora's temple, kratos states "a titan lives?" its a very minor thing to notice but in movies and shit it always does bother me a little. don't get me wrong the games are all amazing i just figured i would see if anyone else noticed that

Message 1 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: *spoiler* chains of olympus made it inconsistant

Mar 24, 2010

Well in Greek Mythology Atlas wasn't really "alive" he was being punished from the gods after the war,  he was told to stand at the western edge of Gaia and hold up Ouranos on his shoulders. I think your right it was a bit inconsistant but greek mythology covers that one up. Cronus was suspected dead after the war, but he was kept alive in secret to hide Pandora's box thus the "A titan lives!" live

Message 2 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Mar 25, 2010

Retcons everywhere, my friend.

Message 3 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Mar 27, 2010

Actually in God of War II Atlas makes it clear that he does know Kratos very well, even saying "I would have destroyed Zeus if you had not put me here!"

Chains of Olympus had not been released yet, so we didn't yet know what he meant, for all we knew he was talking about the Great War, but no he was talking about his plans with Persephone.

"Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power."
Message 4 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Mar 27, 2010

GodModeGOD wrote:

Retcons everywhere, my friend.

very true. like in god of war 1 you see poseiden is some old dude. yet in gow3 he looks young with an athletic build and kicking a titans ass.

Message 5 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Mar 27, 2010

As amusing as it can be, I find myself mostly infuriated with these issues when I review the series as a whole (in terms of story).

Message 6 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Well Atlas wasn't really "alive". He was/is in the Underworld, and Tartarus before that, like the rest of the Titans. I think when Kratos said "A Titan lives?!" he meant actually living on Earth, not in the Underworld/Elysium/Tartarus.

Message 7 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Apr 3, 2010

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Well Atlas wasn't really "alive". He was/is in the Underworld, and Tartarus before that, like the rest of the Titans. I think when Kratos said "A Titan lives?!" he meant actually living on Earth, not in the Underworld/Elysium/Tartarus.

I agree. Cronus was the only titan not in Tartarus, etc.

Message 8 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Apr 3, 2010

TreXCrazy wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Oh wait! I'm not sure whether or not this Titan was actually above Earth or in some section of the Underworld, but remember Hyperion from God of War 2? The Titan at the beginning that traps Pegasus beneath his fingers? He might count as "not dead", though he was still trapped and hidden anyway so it would still be understandable for Kratos to say "A Titan lives?!"

Message 9 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 17, 2010

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

TreXCrazy wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Oh wait! I'm not sure whether or not this Titan was actually above Earth or in some section of the Underworld, but remember Hyperion from God of War 2? The Titan at the beginning that traps Pegasus beneath his fingers? He might count as "not dead", though he was still trapped and hidden anyway so it would still be understandable for Kratos to say "A Titan lives?!"

That wasn't Hyperion. That was Typhon, hence the bow being given the name Typhon's Bane, but your point remains vaild. He was trapped in a mountain in the mortal realm, but I can't remember what it was called. One reason for this might have something to do with the fact that he wasn't a first or even second generation Titan. Infact he might have been one of the last. He was born from Gaia and the primordial deity known as Tartarus. His purpose was to destroy Zeus, and although you see one of his legs in GoW II, he was said to have the upper body of a man, demonic wings, and serpent's tails or tentacles for legs. He was essentially the Titan's biological weapon against the Olympians.

Message 10 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes