Highlighted
Feb 15 2010
By: HeavenlyKT First Son 6 posts

Kratos' daughter

6 replies 20 views Edited Feb 15, 2010
I played this game a while ago, so I'm kind of confused about the storyline. So did Kratos's daughter already die in this game?? Because I'm playing GoW 1 right now and it's saying that Kratos killed his family by accident. So if he did.. how would he be reunited with his daughter in the PSP game?? Thanks
Message 1 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Re: Kratos' daughter

Feb 15, 2010
CoO is before GoW1. Killing her would not affect where she went in the afterlife. As for how he got to that special part of the Underworld, I presume you played that part for yourself.
Message 2 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 16, 2010
Like I said I've already played "CoO".. but it's been a while so I forgot what happened. So basically Kratos killed his family before the events of CoO right?? So then.. how can they be reunited if she's already dead??
Message 3 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Her body/spirit is preserved in the Underworld.

The Elysium Fields are a pseudo-Heaven. An ideal 'mortal' world for the dead that have earned it. Apparently, the GoW universe makes it far easier to get into as she shouldn't qualify.

Her eternal place should be Asphodel with the rest of the nobodies and unspectacular shades.

NOTE: Tartarus is a sort of Hell *not exactly equivalent to any particular interpretation of said place*.

These places are all 'resting' places for the dead in Hades/The Underworld.

He glimpsed her as she went back to the fields in question, but could not enter. They made up a way for him to go there that would strip his power/sin. That's what allowed this case to occur. It could not last as you well know.

Message 4 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Feb 17, 2010
Chains of Olympus takes place before the events of 1. but if you notice Kratos is already covered in the ash of his family. therefore he is serving the gods. so his daughter is dead in this game. you are in hades after all
Message 5 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Feb 17, 2010

The underworld/Hades had 2 sections...Erebus and Tartarus...Erebus is were you entered Hades after the ferryman (Charon) carried your soul across the river styx (after you paid your coin of course), and Tartarus is where your soul remained for eternity according to your judgement...now Tartarus was split 3 ways, Tartarus (damned/evil souls), Asphodel Meadows (neither pure/evil souls), and Elysium/Elysian Fields (pure/heroic souls)

Persephone :  You address the goddess of the underworld. Your daughter is well. She lives among the pure souls in the Elysian Fields.

In Greek mythology, the Elysian Fields were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous.

As an innocent child who was murdered, she would of course be in the Elysian Fields. Her mother (Kratos' wife) was not there...but probably was in Asphodel Meadows.

The Asphodel Meadows is a section of the underworld where indifferent and ordinary souls were sent to live after death.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5821 posts

Feb 17, 2010

(2 sections) LOL WUT?

(Rivers) I don't wish to discuss all of these. They hardly matter in GoW. Styx is the only one that we're likely to hear about.

(Tartarus) No. You aren't judged there. You CAN be judged to go there though. Enemies of the gods and the like get sent here. Good stuff awaits. It's beneath the Underworld/Hades yet considered part of the realm *which isn't altogether consistant as tends to be the case with Myth*.

(Other paths) Thanks for sharing.

(CoO) Oh good.

(Persephone) She was a very stupid woman...the GoW version at least.

(Pure) Oh? I'll have to have conference about that one. I hardly think a Greek afterlife would be so forgiving as to let a nobody into their prized place for merely dying before they could screw up their life/soul. I'll leave it to Zenodoros. This part of the discussion will have to wait.

(Wife) More than likely. She was a nobody afterall.

(Asphodel) GoW's version *in name* was rediculous looking. I liked the older picture better than this version where presumed streams are rivers treated like lava and Gorgons are all over the place. Yet again, no Cerberus variants in all of the Underworld. No 'Wraiths' of Asphodel either. Terribly disappointing.

Message 7 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes