Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2009
By: rbanke Uncharted Territory 1430 posts

Is Chains of Olympus a good representation of the series?

9 replies 245 views Edited Oct 25, 2009

So I missed out on God of War on the ps2, and with GoW3 coming and the collection coming, I figured it would be the perfect time to get into the series. While waiting i decided to pick up Chains of Olympus on my psp and check it out, which leads me to my topic.

How well does this game represent the series? I am finding the gameplay to be pretty tedious and uninteresting. I like the art style, but the qte fest is driving me mental. I'm not sure if its because the psp's controls make qte's more of a chore, or if its the qte's in general i dont like. So, is this what I can expect from the other games? I'm not knocking the series, but obviously every game isnt for everyone and if this is what the series is then I may just save myself some cash.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4583 posts

Re: Is Chains of Olympus a good representation of the series?

Oct 25, 2009

Its pretty much like GOW 1 & 2 except 4 hours long

18V Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Oct 25, 2009

yee its pretty much the best psp game out so far.

ascensionp_21802nphd
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Oct 25, 2009

rbanke wrote:

So I missed out on God of War on the ps2, and with GoW3 coming and the collection coming, I figured it would be the perfect time to get into the series. While waiting i decided to pick up Chains of Olympus on my psp and check it out, which leads me to my topic.

How well does this game represent the series? I am finding the gameplay to be pretty tedious and uninteresting. I like the art style, but the qte fest is driving me mental. I'm not sure if its because the psp's controls make qte's more of a chore, or if its the qte's in general i dont like. So, is this what I can expect from the other games? I'm not knocking the series, but obviously every game isnt for everyone and if this is what the series is then I may just save myself some cash.

Thanks.

i didn't see any LOL's...you HAVE to b kidding!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Since this is the first time you are playing God of War, it will take few tries for you to correctly time the QTE's and button-mashes. It took me some time myself, but I was eager to know the story, so... Though, once you are over the bump, trust me, you will find GOW awesome!

To answer your question, the gameplay in CoO and GOW1-2 are mostly similar.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Nov 7, 2009

Ya the game was great. The onyl problem i had with it, which is kinda my fault I guess. Was the QTE that required you to move the analof half turns. Im a 29 year old male and the PSP size is not male hand friendly with the analog. But gain the game was great so I would get it, if I was you.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5489 posts

Nov 16, 2009

I've covered this opinion extensively elsewhere.  I'll share the copypasta at a later point in time.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Mar 3, 2010

rbanke wrote:

Thanks.

ive played the first 2 GoWs and loved them and just recently played CoO for the PSP and thought it wasnt bad at all and represents the series pretty well for a handheld game..but i know what u mean some QTEs for CoO especially ones that require u to use the analog stick can be pretty frustrating...its alot more difficult to pull off the first time around on the PSP compared to the analog QTEs on the PS2 if its ur first time playing just cz the way the controls r for the PSP but if u've played enough GOW u'll get the hang of it..but yeah u should definately stilll check out GoW I & II
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Mar 3, 2010

VizorX wrote:

Ya the game was great. The onyl problem i had with it, which is kinda my fault I guess. Was the QTE that required you to move the analof half turns. Im a 29 year old male and the PSP size is not male hand friendly with the analog. But gain the game was great so I would get it, if I was you.

yeahhh especially trying to finish off those sabertooths with a QTE ive died quite a few times trying to do that hahaha and its actually pretty difficult to move the analog perfectly especially that quickly!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

May 15, 2010

franzd wrote:

VizorX wrote:

yeahhh especially trying to finish off those sabertooths with a QTE ive died quite a few times trying to do that hahaha and its actually pretty difficult to move the analog perfectly especially that quickly!

Yeah its even harder with a PSP with a drifting analog! But I made it through!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (245 Views)
0 Likes