Dec 08 2009
By: ChokeAhoQuick Sackboy 415 posts

Final Boss Battle...*spoilers* I guess...

7 replies 17 views Edited Dec 8, 2009

Okay...I just want to ask if I'm the only person who didn't really think that the final boss battle with Persephone was really anything that great??

I was a little disappointed in the Persephone battle as being the ending.  Coming so quickly after Kratos' tearjerking (not really) encounter with Calliope...I was hoping for a battle that would be more emotionally challenging...not to mention challenging in and of itself.

Instead it was just like, "Hi, I'm Persephone..." and then the fight and then that's it.  I was just like...huh???

Don't get me wrong, it was a good fight, CoO is easily my favorite handheld game, and the battle itself wasn't at all boring...but I just didn't think it kept up with the epic final boss battles in GoW and GoW II.  It felt kinda awkward and then underwhelmed.  

Is it just me?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - ChokeAhoQuick
Message 1 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Re: Final Boss Battle...*spoilers* I guess...

Dec 9, 2009

no. you are not the only one. it is an easy battle for a boss.

Message 2 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Dec 9, 2009

I agree...but that is one of my limited criticisms with GOW story writers...they don't write the female characters well (they got the sex mini game bimbos spot on...but like the girls, they're easy) but with the strong, intelligent, female characters like Athena, the Medusas, Persephone, and the Fates they dropped the ball...women are conniving, evil, tricky creatures (I know, I am one) don't cross us...we have no soul when doing battle...we fight dirty and just when you think you got us...BAM-O...you're forked beyond all recognition

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Dec 9, 2009

^Funny.  Persephone tried the same thing.  She still lost to brute strength.

Message 4 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1217 posts

Dec 10, 2009

GodModeGOD wrote:

^Funny.  Persephone tried the same thing.  She still lost to brute strength.

Even funnier...usually when you lose, the person who beat you doesn't try to finish what they stopped you from doing...

Persephone freed a Titan (Atlas) and knocked Helios from the sky (for the power of the sun) to END all things bc she was screwed over by Zeus and Hades and trapped in a life she couldn't bear...hmmm that's kinda what Kratos is doing in GOW3...so you see...WE ALWAYS WIN AND GET OUR WAY..."brute strength" is nothing to smarts...Persephone knew what needed to happen years before our beloved Kratos...thank you for proving my point so eloquently! Woman Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 5 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5836 posts

Dec 10, 2009

^No.  She tried to outplay Kratos and got punched in the gut.  To death.

~Clever girl

NOTE: She got her ally chained to the bottom of the Earth.  Way to take a partner down with you...neither succeeds.  Kratos' mission in GoWIII is an incidental matter.  She's destroyed.  Post-mortem issues are a laugh.  She.  Gets.  Nothing.  At best, Atlas may get to see things end...IF they end at all rather than have a new beginning without deities, monsters, etc.  A proper world can begin.

NOTE2: She was incredibly stupid.  How coudl she bumble this?  Kratos had no power...she merely had to leave him in the dark and continue her business. *however rediculous it was*  Foolish woman, that one.  I suppose her time with her Uncle didn't rub off any forethought, caution, etc..  Not that there's any indication of an intellectual in the GoW version of said god king.  Fighting Kratos directly when he has a god weapon..that bolds well...

Message 6 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
828 posts

Dec 12, 2009

i totally agree i liked ending cinematic thou

Photobucket
Message 7 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11353 posts

Feb 24, 2010
If'n you think the battle with Persephone was easy, you obviously didn't play on Spartan mode, let alone God mode. I only wish there was a way to skip the 30 second cutscene to go straight to the 7 second fight. On Spartan you CANNOT get a hit on her without taking 3-4 hits yourself. Problem is 5-6 hits and it's game over for Kratos. Then it's back to the 30 second cutscene when you restart.

Blades are obviously NOT the way to go. WAY too slow. Pretty much the same for the Gauntlet.

Any magic attack is out (can't do nearly enough damage before mana is gone), as is the Sun Shield, since it blocks exactly zero of her attacks.

So what, exactly, is the way to beat her on Spartan (hard) mode?
Message 8 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes