Do you mean 
Jan 10 2013
By: PWNATRON Lombax Warrior 136 posts

zeus is NOT op.

23 replies 416 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

as soon as we can get gear with the combination of

Elemental or physical atach + elemental resist

zeus wont feel so powerfull.

Today if you gear you champ to have elemental resist is hard to get atack boost at the same time. (unless you do wierd slot combinations, like morpheus chest + head + zeus boots + zeus hammer)

the truth is that if want to have 300+ elemntal resist you cannot have a decent atack number. (especially if you ares)

There is no point in saying zeus is op rigth now as we dont have the full picture.

Agreed?

comments are super welcome...  am very bored at work.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (416 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: zeus is NOT op.

Jan 10, 2013

Hmmm i see what your saying and i agree until i get on after school and get lightning spammed to no end because of infinite magic. But yeah zeus will eventually fall off i hope.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 10, 2013

The main problem with Zeus is he still hits as hard even if his attack power is way down. Combine that with the constant magic and you can see why people are complaining. This is a topic that's come up a whole lot. I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago, though mine was against nerfing anything .Even though I think Zeus has a slight advantage, I still use Ares and hold my own fairly well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I disagree. Last night I was in a game of Team Favor 3v4 (I was on the team with 3). We demolished the other team. It was pretty unfair in my opinion. Myself and another one of my teammates were both Zeus players. We basically had the same load out. All gladiator armor (his helmet was different) and the Blade of Athena. He finished with 14-0 K/D ration and I finished with a 10-2 K/D ratio and we beat them by nearly 6000 points. The reason I came to this conclusion is because in the previous match, I used the exact same loadout but with an Ares player (which is at a higher level than my Zeus player).

I didn't do bad, but my team didn't win. But, as soon as I switch to a Zeus player with the same load out, I could clearly see the difference between the two classes. The only thing the Ares player has over the Zeus is a slight bump in health (80 vs. 75) and strength. The Ares player over all physical strength was about 330 and the Zeus player was about 270 (not a huge difference). Both players physical resist was the same.

The big difference is Zeus' magic, items, and relics. Ares players don't fare well in those departments and with Zeus players having such an advantage, it's hard to say that Zeus isn't OP. Pairing a Zeus player with the BoA (which is OP in my opinion also - it does crazy damage and has the ability to heal a player and his allies) is deadly.

Usually in a 4v3 match, the team with 4 players does a lot better than they did for that match. One could easily say that they're low level players or whatever, but that didn't seem to be the case in the previous match in which they won.

So, it's hard to say Zeus is not OP when playing the current beta. This is one of the reasons why many of us forumers looked forward to playing with Hades and Psoiden in the beta. Maybe it would be balance with those. Zeus better than Ares, Hades better than Zeus, and so on.

So, going by what SSM has decided to let us sample with this beta, Zeus is OP because we only have Ares to compare him to.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 10, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:

I disagree. Last night I was in a game of Team Favor 3v4 (I was on the team with 3). We demolished the other team. It was pretty unfair in my opinion. Myself and another one of my teammates were both Zeus players. We basically had the same load out. All gladiator armor (his helmet was different) and the Blade of Athena. He finished with 14-0 K/D ration and I finished with a 10-2 K/D ratio and we beat them by nearly 6000 points. The reason I came to this conclusion is because in the previous match, I used the exact same loadout but with an Ares player (which is at a higher level than my Zeus player).

I didn't do bad, but my team didn't win. But, as soon as I switch to a Zeus player with the same load out, I could clearly see the difference between the two classes. The only thing the Ares player has over the Zeus is a slight bump in health (80 vs. 75) and strength. The Ares player over all physical strength was about 330 and the Zeus player was about 270 (not a huge difference). Both players physical resist was the same.

The big difference is Zeus' magic, items, and relics. Ares players don't fare well in those departments and with Zeus players having such an advantage, it's hard to say that Zeus isn't OP. Pairing a Zeus player with the BoA (which is OP in my opinion also - it does crazy damage and has the ability to heal a player and his allies) is deadly.

Usually in a 4v3 match, the team with 4 players does a lot better than they did for that match. One could easily say that they're low level players or whatever, but that didn't seem to be the case in the previous match in which they won.

So, it's hard to say Zeus is not OP when playing the current beta. This is one of the reasons why many of us forumers looked forward to playing with Hades and Psoiden in the beta. Maybe it would be balance with those. Zeus better than Ares, Hades better than Zeus, and so on.

So, going by what SSM has decided to let us sample with this beta, Zeus is OP because we only have Ares to compare him to.

Exactly. Zeus has a monumental advantage. All of those Ares players condoning this seem to forget or not understand the point of balancing. On paper and practice, Zeus has a plethora of advantages. It does not matter if you can still beat them easily, the absolute fact is that Zeus has WWAAYY more advantages than Ares making balancing needed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (363 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 10, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

Exactly. Zeus has a monumental advantage. All of those Ares players condoning this seem to forget or not understand the point of balancing. On paper and practice, Zeus has a plethora of advantages. It does not matter if you can still beat them easily, the absolute fact is that Zeus has WWAAYY more advantages than Ares making balancing needed.

My point exactly. I like Ares because of the supposed advantage in physical combat, but that all goes out of the window when a Zeus player can have similar Physical Attack, exact Physical Resistance, better Elemental Damage and Resistance, a little less health (which doesn't really matter), and a host of better magics, relics, and items.

Basically, if you're not fighting with Zeus during this beta, your chances of winning matches decrease greatly.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 10, 2013
So you think that Ares... the god of war...lacking physical defense....is going to sacrifice the rest of his pathetic defense...for even less magic defense...in which he'll still take at the very least 30-40% damage from magic?

Not happening.

Fact of the matte is, Zeus excels in every area except strength. How is that not OP?

Not only that, but you have to get rid of your physical attack..in order to survive a TINY BIT, which really negates the idea of the "strategy" don't you think? Because if they have any defense armor on your physical attacks won't do anything...so you'll be dealing out weak damage, taking high magic damage still AND taking huge p. damage... not going to work dude. Ares as a class doesn't work that way man.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I'm not understanding why people can't comprehend that Zeus characters are definitely OP and far superior to Ares characters in nearly every fashion.

My suggestion to everyone who thinks Zeus isn't OP is to play a match of FFA (Free For All) against all Zeus players and you be the only Ares player. That probably won't end for the Ares player.

I've been in that position before and have lost more than I've won as an Ares player and won much more than I've lost as a Zeus player.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 10, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
I'm not understanding why people can't comprehend that Zeus characters are definitely OP and far superior to Ares characters in nearly every fashion.

My suggestion to everyone who thinks Zeus isn't OP is to play a match of FFA (Free For All) against all Zeus players and you be the only Ares player. That probably won't end for the Ares player.

I've been in that position before and have lost more than I've won as an Ares player and won much more than I've lost as a Zeus player.

To be honest dajizzle, it's probably because they play as Zeus which is why they don't want him to be touched... 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 10, 2013
You're exactly right.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (309 Views)
0 Likes