Highlighted
Jan 09 2013
By: GodofWarJuggalo First Son 14 posts

umm, yeah..Im sticking with single player..

14 replies 280 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

The MP has great graphics, tight controls, & fun gameplay..but as with my experience with past MP fighting games..this one is full of people who play WAY TOO MUCH..one of the main reasons I dont play online very much anymore. I guess when Ascension comes out I'm gonna have to play it on the hardest difficulty setting from the very beginning & try to make the SP mode last as long as possible, seeing as how the SP mode will be shorter because of multiplayer. Looks like another fun GoW game nevertheless..

Message 1 of 15 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: umm, yeah..Im sticking with single player..

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

This Multiplayer is definetly for advanced players of the series.  I spent 10 minutes trying to remember how to use the special attacks besides the L2 one while getting the tar beat out of me. How about just R2 and R1 for the others? Their easy to remember.

Parrying too could  be simplified too,  I can't quickly L1 and X when I'm trying to string a  "Square" combo, I fail everytime.

In short, playing the game controls after the basic don't come natural and  is sure to chase away all but best of this from trying the game more than once, because they won't be having fun at ALL

Message 2 of 15 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I only played GOW 1, and I understand the controls perfectly. This game is meant for those that play a lot of mp games in general, especially fighters. The controls are fine, just needs balancing.

Message 3 of 15 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Lol why in the world would you assume the single player game would be shorter because there is a MP element? That's ridiculous.
Message 4 of 15 (242 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 9, 2013
By all means, play the game the way you want to but you don't have to publicly announce that you won't play the MP because you're no good at it.

If you really want to play, just practice and get better... you don't have to judge people like that.
Message 5 of 15 (230 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jan 9, 2013
First off, it was announced officially that the SP will be shorter than the other ones because Ascension has MP. & second, I'm not that bad of a player. Its just a little irritating trying to get used to this while other people keep teaming up on me. Sorry if I offended anyone by giving my opinion.
Message 6 of 15 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Well then, Joining a good clan with great players would help, no?

lawl.jpg

Message 7 of 15 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 9, 2013

GodofWarJuggalo wrote:
First off, it was announced officially that the SP will be shorter than the other ones because Ascension has MP. & second, I'm not that bad of a player. Its just a little irritating trying to get used to this while other people keep teaming up on me. Sorry if I offended anyone by giving my opinion.
Show me a link where Sony Santa Monica said this. Please.
Message 8 of 15 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 9, 2013
At first I wondered why they would even put MP in GoW after 5 titles were put out without it. Then of course the only answer I could think of was to add a fresh new element to the series.
Everything still looks amazing & I'm glad to see a brand new PS3 GoW game coming out again.
& if anyone from Santa Monica is reading this..the multiplayer is still awesome. I'm just not a big MP gamer. And God of War is my favorite series on the PS3. I've played the demo too many times already lol, & for now the MP beta is gonna have to do until March 12 comes around. Can't wait to see what happens in the story. Ares looks SWEET!!!
Message 9 of 15 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Message 10 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Likes