Highlighted
Jan 07 2013
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

problems. Problems. PROBLEMS!

14 replies 257 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

Much like the rest of the players, something seriously changed (lag) since SSM has turned the servers back on. But that's the only problem that I've come across. They are a plethora and I'll do my best to list them by game mode (sorry no Team Favor...I miss that mode Smiley Sad)

Favor of the Gods AKA Free For All (FFA)

1.   DODGE SPAMMING

I liked this mode a lot before the servers went off and still enjoy it since the servers came back on, but not as much. Here's were a lot of the "dodge spamming" has occured to me. It's hard enought to trap an opponent in a corner only to have them dodge spam and you grapple and come up empty....REPEATEDLY. If you're dodging a light attack or heavy attack, that's fine. I would assume that's how the dodge is designed to work.

But when you're just "dodge spamming" cause you're trying to get out of a corner or escape a few enemies that have the drop on you, you should be able to be grappled...EASILY since you technically aren't blocking. Dodge should be used to "dodge" attacks, not run away to freedom. This "dodge spamming" occurs way to often.

2.   JUMP ATTACKING.....

Not many people are aware of this one probably. In a few matches with the SPEAR world weapon, you can just literally jump and throw the spear. Leap and press O...over and over again and you become invincible. And it seems as though the spear world weapon usage is based upon usage and not time like the hammer or boots. There is absolutely no counter for this. It's annoying and a game breaking mechanic. One can just bunny hop in Hercules Arena with the spear and do hella damage.

You should be vunerable to being grappled anytime you aren't blocking. At the moment, you can't grapple a spear wielding jumping enemy. A counter of some sort needs to be put in place for this strategy. At least against the hammer you can dodge.

3.   RING OUTS

These don't always work. Simple as that. When an enemy is at the very edge and you're landing attacks on them, they should fly out of the ring. The only sure fire way to get a ring out in this situation is to use the hammer world weapon.

4.   SUICIDE/SLAIN

Fighting near the spikes is not always a good idea. I've had the misfortune of kicking an opponent or smacking them with the hammer world weapon and they fly away from the spikes and I've hit the spikes. I thought I was hit by them until SLAIN runs across the screen and the left side of the screen says I've killed myself.

This shouldn't even be possible...NO EXCUSE.

5.   SPRINTING

While I'm not entirely disappointed with the sprinting, so far as out racing an enemy to life/magic refill, chest, or world weapon (I usually just grapple the runner Smiley Wink), a player should not be able to sprint infinitely. Due to the shortness of the grapple, it is very rare to grapple a sprinting player unless you are exceptionally close. And since nearly every special move takes a brief moment to execute, they're long gone to safety.

As someone else mentioned in a earlier post, SPRINTING most definitely needs a cool down. YOU CAN LITERALLY SPRINT THE ENTIRE MATCH.

Capture the Flag (CTF)

There are plenty problems with this mode. Lovely thread already that covers many things.

1.   FAST TRAVEL

As in the thread "Ares: God of Flags", you can fast travel with the flags. Just fill up your magic down below while every else is killing each other. Use it twice and you've captured a flag. This does not encourge any type of team work...AT ALL and is a major exploit in CTF cause there is no way to attack the flag carrier.

2.   JUMPING AKA BUNNY HOPPING

The distance the flag carrier covers jumping is insane. Not even sprinting, ironically, can help and once again you're invincible while jumping.

Simply reduce the distance the flag carrier can cover while jumping and make them vunerable while jumping.

3.   MATCH MAKING/QUITTERS

It's been very hard to find a full room for this game mode (I'm not sure if everyone is experiencing this). But, you definitely don't want to be matched 2v4 to begin the match and then end up 1v4. In this game, those are impossible odds. Also, when it 3v3 or 4v4 and someone quits, the notifications probably need to be larger put in a different location on the screen.

4.   HOST MIGRATION

This needs to happen...period.

5.   WORLD WEAPONS

These things spawn quicker than the arms of Hades himself! Lol! Back on topic, these things are absolute game changers and people just camp out for one to appear WITH ONE ALREADY EQUIPPED. These weapons respawn time needs to be a lot slower. They should really spawn only a few times per match. The fire boobie traps doesn't seem to help much as I've seen players run through the fire and grab the weapon (without having a shield on).

Gameplay in general

1.   BRUTAL KILLS

I've mentioned this in other threads, but this needs to be fixed...BADLY. In a match of CTF today, I was lucky enough to equire the hammer and attack someone trying to steal my team's flag. I beat him hands down, but when he was supposed to be STUNNED he wasn't. The screen read STUNNED but the player keep moving around with the red halo over his head. I landed a few more attacks while he tried to  run and nothing. I was even able to grapple him and nothing (I literally grappled him and pulled myself towards him only for him to be able to kept running).

This is a glitch/bug. I'm sure other players have some interesting stories about the brutal kills/stunned states not working properly. With the difficult of actually being able to grapple someone being high enough, for it not to work in a situation such as this is infuriating.

2.   INVINCIBILITY

I'm not talking about using either of the shield items, etc. I'm referring to players being able to "walk" around the or "dodge" around the map without having to worried about being grappled. The grapple just bounces off of them.

If you're not blocking, then you are vunerable and should be able to be grappled if a player is skillful enough to land a grapple. 

3.   LAG! LAG! LAG!

That is the only thing that can explain some of bizarre things that happen in this beta since the servers went back on. In CTF, 3 members of my team got the drop on a single opponent and we supposedly beat him to death. We juggled him and somehow he landed on his feet (no evidence of an item being used by the way) and sprinted to safety. This is very peculiar and should be impossible.

There other things I could list, but these are some of the worst offenders.

Message 1 of 15 (257 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Re: problems. Problems. PROBLEMS!

Jan 7, 2013
Well this is greek Mytholigy. These arn't your every day warriors so SPRINTING is lagit XD. I do agre with Alot of this stuff though and needs to updated.

lawl.jpg

Message 2 of 15 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Lol! I like how in FPS like Killzone 2 or 3 that the sprint decreases over time and gradually recharges. As mentioned before, sprinting needs a cool down. But that isn't even close to the biggest problem. If they fix a lot of the other things and leave the sprint as is, I could adjust to that. Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 15 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 7, 2013
what i gathered:

you don't want dodge spamming, yet you seem to like grapple spamming.

ringouts mostly happen when you use circle. don't whine when you don't even know how things work.

don't even want to comment about suicide/slain. you think there shouldn't be any friendly fire on spikes? keep dreaming.

agree with the sprinting. needs cooldown, but not by much.

ares inferno makes it easier, doesn't make flag-capturing automatic.

you're not invincible while jumping.

just had a 3v4 on ctf and me and my other two teammates went 5-0. the other 4 never had a successful capture. lesson: not about number of teams, but the skill of who's on your team. on a level-playing field, it's true that 3v4 will become so one-sided, but if you've got 3 level 30s and 4 level 15s i doubt the 3-person-team is the one with the disadvantage.

huh? run through the fire? never saw any of those. not once.

never experienced that brutal kill bug at all. might be your internet.

grapple bounces? i think you're mistaken. grapples don't work 100% of the time and they shouldn't. an enemy has to have a golden arc aboe them for you to grapple.

never experienced lag, only disconnects before the game starts.

Message 4 of 15 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I thought it was just my 0.7mbps internet connection causing me problems. Although, it did seem to get worse once the servers came back up. I'm getting killed a lot by regular square attacks being ranged. And the grappling thing seems to just bounce off 90% of the time even if they are dodging. I agree with all of the OP ideas and concerns. I don't mind too much about the sprinting thing though. Maybe that's more of a Free for All problem, but I don't play free for all soo.. and WHERE DID TEAM FAVOR GO?? I hate capture the flag on any game, this is no exception. If this game would fix all of it's problems and get rid of sword dribbling, it'd be very enjoyable. 

ALSO, I have a question maybe someone on here can answer. I'm at 29 with zeus and 23 with ares on the beta so I know the basics of the game. What I don't know is how do I keep getting countered by someone at range? It happens all the time. I'll attack someone with a special triangle attack from range or whatever and it'll say counter then my guy will lean backwards all slowly and vulnerable. Holding down L1 + X does not counter special moves, so what causes this?  

Message 5 of 15 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

@Rumba_Lumba

You sir are mistaken. I actually have no problem losing a CTF match and if you and you're team we're skilled enough to beat us. Congratulations to you. And NO, I do not want grapple spamming, but it should work as intended and players should not be as invincible as they are to grappling if they are going to make the length of the grapple so short.

And contrary to popular belief, you have very much an advantage when you jumping and attacking. This isn't so much a problem as long as their is a checks and balances system in place. Like I said, during several FFAs, a player was able to use this exploit with the spear while jumping and pressing O.

No one's whining, the beta is far from perfect and if you like things they way that they are, you can buy all the copies of the game yourself when it's released. Ring outs are not consistent. O sometimes put enemies out of the ring and sometimes it doesn't. Light attacks and heavy attacks can put players out the ring because I've used it on other players as well as having it done to me. It doesn't always work as intended when you have a player on the edge.

The Slain/Suicide happened during FFA (Read) on the spiked walls, not during CTF were friendly fire actually happens. There is no such thing as friendly fire during FFA and you know that which is why this is a bug/glitch.

And yes Ares inferno does make it pretty much automatic.

That brutal kill thing COULD ACTUALLY BE A BUG. Yes it could be my internet...if I got disconnected. But as I said, I landed a couple more attacks and even grappled the guy and pulled myself towards him.

You're very lucky if you haven't experienced any lag as most players have been experiencing game breaking lag since the servers have been turned back on.

Message 6 of 15 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Miadous wrote:

I thought it was just my 0.7mbps internet connection causing me problems. Although, it did seem to get worse once the servers came back up. I'm getting killed a lot by regular square attacks being ranged. And the grappling thing seems to just bounce off 90% of the time even if they are dodging. I agree with all of the OP ideas and concerns. I don't mind too much about the sprinting thing though. Maybe that's more of a Free for All problem, but I don't play free for all soo.. and WHERE DID TEAM FAVOR GO?? I hate capture the flag on any game, this is no exception. If this game would fix all of it's problems and get rid of sword dribbling, it'd be very enjoyable. 

ALSO, I have a question maybe someone on here can answer. I'm at 29 with zeus and 23 with ares on the beta so I know the basics of the game. What I don't know is how do I keep getting countered by someone at range? It happens all the time. I'll attack someone with a special triangle attack from range or whatever and it'll say counter then my guy will lean backwards all slowly and vulnerable. Holding down L1 + X does not counter special moves, so what causes this?  

0.7mbps? or 0.7Mbps? because i have a 7 Mbps connection =7168kbps = 896KB/s which should work flawlessly on any ps3 game.

parry can counter special moves.

Message 7 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 7, 2013
DaJizzle hit every point with this post I agree with everything here hopefully they read this. It's obvious I'm not the only one experiencing these issues lol
Message 8 of 15 (214 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Thank you sir. I believe this MP has a ton of potential. It is unique take on the GOW universe and the only MP of its kind. I they really take all of the feed back that we beta testers have been giving them and make a better overall product. Because, at the moment it's good but not quite there yet.
Message 9 of 15 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I agree with everything you posted TC. I was the one who proposed the Fatigue system, where there would be some sort of a limiting factor on dodges as well as sprinting. Goldhawk came up with a better solution, where a cooldown for the dodge would be implemented. I like both ideas a lot, because no matter what...SOMETHING NEEDS TO LIMIT THE INFINITE DODGE/SPRINTING spamming. The I-frames are also ridiculous. I have seen ppl dodge launchers after they connect by dodging. However, I do not fully support the idea of a player being able to get grappled ANY time they are not blocking.

A few things I would like to add:

Increase the grapple chain length by at least half the already length. It is so funny how some specials have more range than the grapple chain.

Balance the weapons so that the hammer has more priority over the sword. As it stands now, the sword is the quickest, has priority over any of the Hammer's moves, has multiple easy combo starters, and wins the majority of clashes.

Players that jump should be susceptible to grapples. Players abuse the jump mechanics like crazy, especially in CTF.

MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE WORLD WEAPONS TO CONTINUOUSLY HIT A PLAYER THAT IS RECOVERING FROM AN ATTACK. Seriously, once you get hit and grounded by the world weapon hammer, you lose. An opponent can hit you on the ground infinitely.

This is a good topic for the devs to look at. It details all the issues with the game.

Message 10 of 15 (170 Views)