Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: level cap

May 18, 2013

Vampire_Damian wrote:
They just raised it to 40 not that long ago. At this rate if they do raise it to 50 soon, it won't take long for people to start asking for them to raise it to 60, then 70, etc.
By fall it'd probably be over 100 if SSM listens to them...maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but how high are you expecting them to ultimately raise it?

If they raise it too high, it'll get harder and harder for new players to get into it unless they change matchmaking. Few people would wanna fight a bunch of level 100's when they're level 1. Leveling up is already time-consuming enough for a lot of us. My warriors are around 33/34 and I've still got a few things to unlock and a few more to level. And when I do get maxed, I'll be happy and I'll enjoy playing with maxed stuff and not having to worry about xp.

Also if it bothers you to be maxed out, why would you even use xp boosters at all? I suggest not using xp booster codes, not playing during xp booster events and maybe doing something else sometimes. Not trying to start anything, I just don't get the "complaining about having everything unlocked/maxed" mindset. Maybe it's because I'm the opposite; I hate not having everything maxed/unlocked but I'm kinda burned out at the moment and burnout beats completionism.

I was thinking the same thing, man.  

Seriously, OP, I don't have any one allegiance over 35.  I think Hades is about to hit 35 and that's the highest.   Granted, I missed the last double / triple xp weekend and the last two or three standalone days.  

Leveling up now, you're looking at around 1000 - 1500 for a good match.  If you'd missed the xp bonus days, you'd certainly get more longevity out of it.  

In any case, it's going to be a little while before they raise the cap again.   I have to say, I'm kind of reluctant to see them do it.  I'm not overly thrilled with the introduction of certain relics and ultimate magics.  I feel like it just widens the competitive gap between new players (or old players on new allegiances) and the people who have simply been able to put in more time.

Ascension was already pretty rough starting out, if the cap keeps going up and more unlocks are added, I just see it getting worse.  A regular level cap increase  just for the sake of gaining level or appearance options, I have no problem with that.

Obviously something's in the works though.  I don't know if it was a prestige system they hinted at, but there's definitely more in store to extend the life of the game.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 11 of 17 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

May 18, 2013
Yeah lol I hate playing hades. I don't like playing him but he's the only one who can use the labors for xp. I leave a lot because I get jumped, cornered, or lagged. Playing with random players is a pain. I'm used to running with "friends" in other games. Judge me when I play with a god I know.
Message 12 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

May 18, 2013
Hades is my main. My Ares is level 9, My Poseidon is level 1, and my Zeus is level 4. Hades is the only one I enjoy playing with. Eventually, I'll have all of them to level 40.

Message 13 of 17 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

May 18, 2013

dragonrazor wrote:

Please give me a reason to really become addicted to multiplayer again.

Because it's fun? Or is your enjoyment directly tied to a bunch of numbers going up?

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. 

Message 14 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1375 posts

May 18, 2013
You could just enjoy playing the game...
Message 15 of 17 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

May 18, 2013
Stop capping it. Make it prestige like Assassins creed 3. Pass 50 and you get 1* then 2* and so on...... Makes no sense to cap it. Give everyone something to play for at all times.
Message 16 of 17 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 18, 2013

the live stream event revealed an icon system that will be used as you gain XP .... they didn't say too much about it, but they did say with update 1.05 that it was not the end when you get to 40 .... I play anyway, just will be nice to be working towards the icons.

Message 17 of 17 (71 Views)
0 Likes