Reply
Jan 14 2013
By: slapfireoutaya First Son 4 posts
Offline

feeling left out

8 replies 178 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

hello ive been a GOD OF WAR fan since the begining and i notice that you guys use a african american voice as kratos,but theres not a single african american warrior in any of the games. i dont wanna sound rascist or bitter but i will love to play the new beta as a african warrior!! can you please do something about this. thanks..sincerely,,,,WeLOVETHEGAMETOO.

Message 1 of 9 (178 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/14/2012
Offline
679 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013
Dude i don't think their are African American warriors in Greek mythology. Pleases don't use Kratos "Voice Actor" as a race card either.
Message 2 of 9 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/14/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

cyclops,red orbs,magic lighting bolts,andbig hammers with special powers dont exist either..iam just sayin.

Message 3 of 9 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/10/2013
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Dude i don't think their are African American warriors in Greek mythology. Pleases don't use Kratos "Voice Actor" as a race card either.

Well they had slaves in ancient greece and some of them were imported from africa. Of course there were no african "american" warriors...

Message 4 of 9 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/14/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

louplex wrote:

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Dude i don't think their are African American warriors in Greek mythology. Pleases don't use Kratos "Voice Actor" as a race card either.

Well they had slaves in ancient greece and some of them were imported from africa. Of course there were no african "american" warriors...


You mean like 50-cent?

Message 5 of 9 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/10/2013
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

Prisonerr wrote:

louplex wrote:

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Dude i don't think their are African American warriors in Greek mythology. Pleases don't use Kratos "Voice Actor" as a race card either.

Well they had slaves in ancient greece and some of them were imported from africa. Of course there were no african "american" warriors...


You mean like 50-cent?


I just wanted to make clear that not everybody from the african continent is an "african american", although many american people seem to use that phrase as a synonym for everybody with a dark skin tone.

The whole phrase is a bit racist in itself, despite the political correctness, everybody wants to show... because first of all, not every african is black and second, we are talking about ancient greece here, the american continent wasn´t even discovered, so of course there were no african americans.

 

I know what he means when he wants an "african american" warrior. He wants a black guy. Not an african with a whiter skintone, who emigrated to the united states like Dave Matthews or Charlize Theron. The term is totally wrong.

Message 6 of 9 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/14/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

louplex wrote:

 

I know what he means when he wants an "african american" warrior. He wants a black guy. Not an african with a whiter skintone, who emigrated to the united states like Dave Matthews or Charlize Theron. The term is totally wrong.


 

I know. I'm just messing with you. I was trying to think of a legitimate African American warrior and 50-cent was the best I could come up with. 

Message 7 of 9 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 01/06/2013
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013

It would be easy for them to impliment a skin tone shader bar in the coustomization part where you could make your characters skin black as midnight or white as a ghost.   Just a thought.  The character is good enough to be any color.

Message 8 of 9 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/06/2013
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: feeling left out

Jan 14, 2013
It would be easy for them to impliment a skin tone shader bar in the coustomization part where you could make your characters skin black as midnight or white as a ghost. Just a thought. The character is good enough to be any color.
Message 9 of 9 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes