Jan 09 2013
By: BrosColo First Son 5 posts

Worried about longterm

6 replies 181 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

Hey,

I've played a couple of games now, and I'm already getting a bit bored. 

I know, it's a beta, there will be more in the final version. But the gameplay stays the same, only other gamemode. 

It's a cool game, don't get me wrong! But I'm worried about the longterm, why will I keep playing this  MP for, let's say, 6 months? Is it only to get better armor/weapons, at a point you will mostly meet high level players with same tiers, so relatively it's not much of a difference. I really hope that there will be loads more weapons and armor, cause if this is it, it's really a small amount.

And hopefully they will have larger maps where you can have some real tactics and some kind of sneaking past the fights, cause the sizes of these 2 are too small (for every map) according to me.

Right now I get same repetitive feeling each game, buttonmashing and same combo's each time again. And I know, CoD: BO2 (for example) has the same gameplay again. But that game has so many things to unlock and reasons why you want to level up. And almost every match feels different, one time you win, next map you get 5th. Strategy is important, and ofcourse CoD is a totally different game, but still, they can keep people interested in the MP for a year. 

That's my biggest concern, why will I play this multiplayer for a couple of months? 

Message 1 of 7 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Worried about longterm

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I can't tell you why you'd continue playing something you don't enjoy, but this game has been quite fun to me for nearly a month now, and I don't feel disinterested as of yet. With two maps (only one that I play on), they've managed to keep me entertained, despite the currently limited options and all the issues and problems that arise within a beta.

The final game will have additional game modes, maps, two more Gods to pledge to, another weapon class, and likely more World Weapons, as well as different traps and other features.

Message 2 of 7 (177 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 9, 2013
The same goes for shooters... I mean, all you do is point shoot point shoot, almost the same process every match on every map.

There will be more content meaning different play styles, refreshing encounters etc.

Shouldn't be too bad as long as you're getting a challenge or unlocking things. I don't care about repetition really just as long as there's a purpose for playing.
Message 3 of 7 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Every game has repetitive MP, I can't name one game that isn't the same. All that's going to keep you playing it is your enjoyment. I've been playing this for a long time but since nothing new was added I think I'm going to wait until full release because I will say that playing the same map over and over IS getting annoying.

Message 4 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 9, 2013

vyrsai wrote:

Every game has repetitive MP, I can't name one game that isn't the same. All that's going to keep you playing it is your enjoyment. I've been playing this for a long time but since nothing new was added I think I'm going to wait until full release because I will say that playing the same map over and over IS getting annoying.

I'm really hopeful that we'll see an Atlantis watery map. That would be the thing I want most for the multiplayer experience. I love stuff like that.

Message 5 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 10, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

vyrsai wrote:

I'm really hopeful that we'll see an Atlantis watery map. That would be the thing I want most for the multiplayer experience. I love stuff like that.

They have so many options for amazing maps I know they won't disappoint. These ones are good as well but after 30 hours on the same 2 maps, it's just too much.

Message 6 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I do agree. In fact, a desert setting is possibly my least favorite setting. I really hated it in GoW singleplayer; which is a testament to how well crafted this game is, that I would enjoy playing even in my least favorite environment.
Message 7 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes