Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: Admiral_Try_Hard Splicer 72 posts

World weapons in favor of the gods needs tweaking.

[ Edited ]
9 replies 288 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I'm really enjoying favor of the gods, especially when you're in the middle of a 1v1 match against an equally skilled player. But I absolutely hate world weapons, they spawn far too frequently. Not to mention that a few of the WW are just stupid powerful.

I would really like to see the weapons spawn approx half as often, and maybe make it more difficult to pick up, at least more so then just simply pressing R1. I know TFotG requires you to spam circle to pick up the spear, maybe take that mechanic and scale it back to fit for a FFA match, that way it's not just first come first serve, players will have to actually fight for it.

I would also really like to see a Pure FotG that has no WW spawns and maybe limited health spawns, I would probably spend a majority of my time online playing that gametype.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (288 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: World weapons in favor of the gods needs tweaking.

Jan 19, 2013

If you ask me in relation to picking up a map/world weapon, the best mechanic thus far already found in game, is the chest mini-game. Apply that to world weapons instead...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Kudos for this...

I enjoy the flavor of team games moreso than FFA/head to head in GENERAL but I am really starting to love the combat situations present in this beta...the ONLY reason I don't play much Favor of the Gods is those world weapons. I actually don't mind losing to the chest campers cuz the combat is so interesting. But world weapons are OP in many ways and I hate that being the deal breaker, especially when lag causes me to miss a dodge.

I like all ideas you listen and I would only add that maybe a tradeoff of less damage for faster attack/throw speed could make them even more interesting, perhaps with an ability to mix them in with combos.

However in the final version, I'd hope those chests spawn less frequently or issue less points. This is the beta so losing isn't such a big deal to me right now but my competitive side ain't gonna like them chest campers in a final build!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Some are more OP than others. Hermes boots and the spear are probably the easiest to block/dodge. Once you get the hang of evading the hammer it can be relatively easy to dodge (one hit can lead to death if landed right though). The blades that spawn in the centre are the absolute worst. Unblockable, giant hitbox, plus I'm not certain but it looks like you gain invulnerability. 

I suggested earlier that hopefully there is an option to turn of WW in the final game. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 19, 2013
There is nothing OP in those weapons. They should be stronger then regular ones otherwise what's the point using them.
You just have to learn which one you can dodge and which one you can BLOCK.
If you play smart you can take out the person holding it
Try to be more sophisticated. I laugh so hard when people just runs towards me like crazy spamming square and triangle
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@Admiral_Try_Hard Your Right About Making It A Privelage To Get The World Weapon !

How About If The Warrior Taps The R1 Button 5 To 7 Times To Secure The 'Right' To Wield That Powerful Weapon ?

And Yes, Fighting For A Powerful WW Is Perfect For This Sort Of MP .

Sometimes A WW Can Mean The Difference Between Winning A Team Match Of Losing It Completely .

+Kudos My Friend !

We Should Work Hard To Get That World Weapon !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Everyone has made good points and suggestions about the world weapons. I too think they are a little on the OP side but that's to be expected considering this is a Beta. This game has great potential and is intensely interesting. Im excited to see you all in the final build :]

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Yeah, I have to agree...As much as I love them, they are a lil bit too powerful. Its a nice touch to make the game fun...even I done had some fun w/ them...On the real game there shld be a customization rule where we cld disable it if we like or pick only certain ones

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I think the weapons themselves are fine but you should have to fight over them more to get them, they shouldn't be handed to you like they are now.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2181 posts

Jan 20, 2013

The world weapons are fine and they are all avoidable if you don't go running into the person who has them. You can easily kill a player with Blades of Chaos and their use is limited to simply circle so you can't do that much with them.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (217 Views)
0 Likes