Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: Why the **bleep** can't I ever be in a fiat even game!

Apr 25, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

A Fiat is a small Italian car. I digress.

Yeah I have always wondered why NO game penalizes you for selecting "Quit Game". I can understand worrying about those with poor internet getting dropped as a result but physicall selecting Quit should be an easy code job for penallties. 

Possibly because then they would get complaints from people who were penalized for leaving the game for other reasons. Some people seem to have a tendency to think all people who quit only do it because they're mad they're losing, which just isn't true. Sometimes something real happens that you have to deal with like visitors, family, friends, pets, emergencies, etc. and since you can't just pause online games, you can either quit or leave your character there to get clobbered.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 11 of 23 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Vampire_Damian wrote:

SirCrush wrote:

A Fiat is a small Italian car. I digress.

Yeah I have always wondered why NO game penalizes you for selecting "Quit Game". I can understand worrying about those with poor internet getting dropped as a result but physicall selecting Quit should be an easy code job for penallties. 

Possibly because then they would get complaints from people who were penalized for leaving the game for other reasons. Some people seem to have a tendency to think all people who quit only do it because they're mad they're losing, which just isn't true. Sometimes something real happens that you have to deal with like visitors, family, friends, pets, emergencies, etc. and since you can't just pause online games, you can either quit or leave your character there to get clobbered.

Even if that happens, it's ONE GAME where you are penalized for a real life reason. I would imagine people would likely take the penalty without too much of a problem with it since most other games they pplay won't contain a penalty. I know I wouldn''t mind it. So my Mom drops by...okay, quit game, take a loss or whatever other penalty is employed, and that's that.

Message 12 of 23 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Apr 26, 2013
^By quitting, you lose everything gained in that match (favor, xp, shards, armor, labors). How people take it would depend on what form the penalty took. Since there is already the aforementioned penalty, I figured you meant something more severe.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 13 of 23 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Didn't WoW have a penalty for leaving the battlegrounds? If you left early you couldn't join another for 5 min. Then if you left again it increased to 10 min. So on and so forth.
Message 14 of 23 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Apr 26, 2013
The penalty for leaving a battleground in WoW is 15 min. If you leave a dungeon group within the first 5 min you get a 30 min lockout.
Message 15 of 23 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Ya I haven't played WoW in like 6 years but I do remember it being the only game I've ever played that had a penalty.
Message 16 of 23 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Good idea but you guys act like all these drops are people quitting.. Seriously how can you think someone rage quits as often as this game drops players. There is no way that all these drops are rage quits. NO EFFING WAY and neither should any logical person. Sorry to sound rude but I'm tired or this argument
Message 17 of 23 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Apr 26, 2013

^hawk read the stats thread

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 23 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 26, 2013

^Yeah i have been disconnected quite abit of times, so it might have happened to many ppl aswell. So rage qutting is only part of the problem the other part is probably poor server connections or something idk.

Message 19 of 23 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Lol WoW, that brings me back. Used to play untill few months after cata. I still cant believe all the wasted work on my warlock back wen 70 was elite & now u can just enter dungeon ques from a convenient menu. Remember wen u actually had to group up & go to the dungeons lol. Those wer the days. & on the topic, doesnt cod have penalties for quitting? I thot wen u quit it counts as a loss and u loose ur match bonus. Big whoop tho, thats the only penalty I would agree with on gowa, like others have said not everyone quits cuz there mad. Sometimes real life happens & u need to stop playing. Take it from me I have 2 children & a bitter x-fiance.... Life happens suk it up
Message 20 of 23 (61 Views)
0 Likes