Mar 22 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2330 posts

Why do some grapples reach across the entire screen?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 190 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

I was just grappled by an Ares spammer and I wasn't even on the same screen as him. It was literally the longest grapple I've ever seen when it connected, yet there is no way in hell I would ever get a grapple that long. I wasn't even near him!

It looks like those ridiculously long reverse grapples that happen during Trial of the Gods when you try to grapple a Satyr but this one is normal facing but insanely long.

Message 1 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Why do some grapples reach across the entire screen?

Mar 22, 2013
Grapples are bugged as fuark, don't bother Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Add it to the list.

Honestly I'm done complaining about this game, it just down right tiresome. Almost every match I encounter something that makes me shake my head. I was launched or killed out of Lightning Storm over 10 times today. After the 10th time I wasn't angry anymore. I started blaming myself for using the move on low health rather than the game for being broken.
I'm numb to it all now.

Love what this game could/should have been but slowly getting over it. For the first time I felt like not playing and the game hasn't been out for a month.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 3 of 13 (178 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

Mar 22, 2013

grappling is all about timing and luck, it isnt really bugged where as other things are bugged and ridiculous like the world weapons for instance. People complain too much this game is great .

Message 4 of 13 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 22, 2013
If lagging - you can't grapple.
If it's more than 1v1 grapple works 50|50
If you grapple some one many times you just fly over a laying body and he will kill you u just run away.
If somebody's running it a very hard to grapple since it works 50|50 , even thow a halo is there.
Message 5 of 13 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 22, 2013
oH how could I forget

Beware – while climbing you are susceptible to being tethered off the wall!
Chain-grapple an opponent who is climbing up a wall.

It doesn't even work, you can't grapple if somebody's climbing.
Message 6 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 22, 2013
@DaBeast

Yup. I have the same feeling, started yesterday. I'm probably just gonna play Aliens until a patch hits. Everything is much too repetitive.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 7 of 13 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

VishissKiller wrote:

grappling is all about timing and luck, it isnt really bugged where as other things are bugged and ridiculous like the world weapons for instance. People complain too much this game is great .

Haha... no.

I've been grappled BACKWARDS when someone was facing the opposite direction, and they grappled ME as I tried to grapple them. That is a physics impossibility. Face forward>Grapple backwards and connect to me as I'm throwing the grapple when I'm upscreen and they're running downscreen.

Let's not forget the grapples that go in all different directions when someone is standing right in front of you. It's like a blind person trying to fish. The only difference is that their aim would be more accurate than what happens in this game.

Message 8 of 13 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 22, 2013

yup i already missed alot of brutal kills becauce of the grapple send me flying to somehere else but sometimes it's in my advantage i remember when i was low on health and wanted to brutal kill my enemy and i just got launched to some hp 

Message 9 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

This happens a lot with me, plus when it grapples and my hero "hugs" the air while the enemy stands on the ground, pathetic.

Message 10 of 13 (118 Views)