Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: RodolfoManzur First Son 27 posts

What's the better alliance? Zeus or Ares

4 replies 1315 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

I think Ares, i like more their special powers :smileyhappy: .

DISCUSS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1,315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: What's the better alliance? Zeus or Ares

Jan 3, 2013
Zeus for sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Why?

btw, i thought ares was better, first i was struggling killing ppl now i get the rythym

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (1,310 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I like Ares because it's more melee based. I noticed lots of Zeus people shooting lightning a bit farther away. I think it just depends on your fighting style. 

I love jumping right into the middle of the fight.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (1,296 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

RodolfoManzur wrote:

Why?

btw, i thought ares was better, first i was struggling killing ppl now i get the rythym

Oh god, where do I start?  

First off, I was skeptical of whether or not I was right about Zeus physical prowess...but I was indeed right.  Zeus players seem to be able to have insanely high physical damage with only a small amount of damage or e. damage on their weapon... people using only the BoA can deal huge damage even though they're Zeus players with mostly defense gear on... insane.  

Secondly, their weapons apply a silence bonus which is better than the DoT applied by ares weapons because it stops you from using items and items are a huge part of escaping multiple enemies or an enemy combo.  Silence is a HUGE help....

Thirdly they have better items.  The teleport item is ridiculous...had someone use it once just last match I played and right when I went to attack them he used it again...and again and again until he could escape from me.  You can use that thing like 10 times before it has to cool down again... If anything in the slightest goes wrong, this is THE perfect item to use... I mean the item system is built around getting you out of combos but most let you escape and give you some small buff...which is useless if you need to use an item in the first place but this teleport item allows you to easily escape any situation.  

Fourthly a better relic.  They have a relic that gives you magic on kill, chest and spawn...where magic is very useful for Zeus (will explain next paragraph) and not so much for Ares...pretty much the "go to" relic for that class or even the game probably because every other one (even for ares) gives one minor stat upon some weird activation.  

Fifth their magic is insane.  Most people use the lightning vaacuum but that's the easiest one to avoid tbh.  Still powerful but avoidable.  The next one is a lighting mine that deals damage and allows you to deal even more damage while it's going off.... the other one is  a cone of lighting which takes out 50%...yes 50% health and it's not possible to escape from.  Oh yeah, it also has huge knock back which can knock you off the map from long distances or put you into wall hazards.  

Ares... idk.  They say he has high physical prowess but most of the time the DoT doesn't seem to do anything, the relic I use (strength on kill) doesn't seem to do anything, the item is only useful because you can escape and you get a tiny bit of health back.  All Ares magic is insanely avoidable... they could have just as easily avoided putting in magic but maybe give ares another item to use and that'd probably be just as good if not better.  

The whole method behind ares is to get high damage...that's cool but damage seems to cap at a low level...meaning even though you're adding a few strength a few defense will be much much more effective than adding a few strenght.

Look at gladiator vs ares armor.  Glad gives more defense and good offense while Ares gives crappy defense and a bit more offense.  Why sacrifice all that survivability when you could survive more hits and deal almost as much damage.  

The damage stat really doesn't show as much as other stats.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (1,294 Views)
0 Likes