Jan 09 2013
By: RichYungThaBest Lombax Warrior 157 posts

What are red Counters?

5 replies 143 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

I know that you ccan parry all light attacks and light specials, and when you do, the word "COUNTER"
 appears in green. Sometimes, whenever I am doing my heavy special with the minotaur hammer, I get countered as if it was a parry, and then I cannot move. The weirdest part is that my opponent did not parry, and gets launched, but I get stunned. The word "COUNTER" is in red as my opponent is helpless in the air. My opponent is literally stuck in the air, so there is no way they can parry, let alone parry an unblockable special. It is really annoying, because I always get stunned way longer than it takes for my opponent to recover. Can someone please provide me an explanation for this? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: What are red Counters?

Jan 9, 2013

bump

Message 2 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

If you hit someone during a Heavy move, the game is supposed to give a counter. It will appear Red if you're being countered and Green if you're the one countering.

Because of lag and latency, the counter system really screws up sometimes. Most of the time, both attacks will hit, and the person who was countered will be unable to recover before their opponent.

I know your pain, though.

Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

If you hit someone during a Heavy move, the game is supposed to give a counter. It will appear Red if you're being countered and Green if you're the one countering.

Because of lag and latency, the counter system really screws up sometimes. Most of the time, both attacks will hit, and the person who was countered will be unable to recover before their opponent.

I know your pain, though.

Really? Since the start of the new patch, I have kicked many Zeus players using the hammer's heavy special, yet no counter. this really only serves to screw over hammer users, since none of the other swords' heavy specials can be countered so quickly in a clash. So basically, whenever a sword and hammer move clash, the sword will end up winning in some way shap or form? Man, the hammer realy needs a buff.

Message 4 of 6 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Well, Hammers do have fantastic Ringout capabilities, as well as the excellent DOT charged square that you can prepare before entering a fight.

It's very situational, whether one will be better than the other.
Message 5 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:
Well, Hammers do have fantastic Ringout capabilities, as well as the excellent DOT charged square that you can prepare before entering a fight.

It's very situational, whether one will be better than the other.

not really, the hammer and sword have equal ring out capabilitles. The sword has the juggle that starts off with the heavy attack, and also knocks enemies off of the map. The DOT works for only some hammers, the rest just does minor damage. It is not really situational, the hammer has the clear advantage imo. It is quicker, has priority over most of the hammer's moves, has quicker heavy and launcher moves, has simpler combos, and wins the majority of clashes.

Message 6 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes